Business Development Manager
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa and designated clients, acquire new clients and focus on business growth and client satisfaction. The candidate will manage the implementation of country & business strategies, objectives and plans within designated clients in order to achieve business targets. This will be achieved by growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services.
- Support the business development strategy.
- Identify P&L opportunities for the client
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients’ operational plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyze trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa.
- Monitor, analyze and develop/respond to competitors strategies.
- Attend to client queries and issues, and provide timely and efficient solution
- Identify key opportunities within market, size/provide analysis and business case to address
- Central communication point for designated clients in market
- Provide periodical reports (weekly, monthly or quarterly ) as agreed with Country Manager
- Assist Country Manager in providing reports to Management
- Regular market sales visits when permissible and Playbook updates
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated clients.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches
- Responsible for increasing payment volume, increase client satisfaction ratings and developing new business with the focus to achieve country revenue targets.
- Champion and lead digital innovation and be capable of leading technical conversations with clients.
- Drive Ecommerce growth by articulating the opportunity and reinforcing 3 D secure and risk based approach.
- Assist on Scan to Pay issuance roll out with key clients to drive Visa’s digital agenda.
- Working closely with cross functional for championing and leading the marketing and product development of
- Scan to Pay solution for issuers and rolling out the marketing activities with clients to grow transactions
- VAS penetration within current and new accounts or
- Expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts and enabling new flows
- Coordinate appropriate product implementation based upon account strategies.
- Build relationships with assigned clients to influence their preference for VISA
- Understand Client Business Strategies, Priorities, Needs and present to them strategic ideas
- Share Visa’s views on Industry developments, dynamics and advice Client how Visa Products can impact and improve their results.
- Develop business development strategies and map these strategies or product opportunities into individual member plans
- Manage client’s financial performance and ensure alignment with goals
- Ensure high level of Client Satisfaction and Client Engagement Survey Scores.
- Monitor business results of designated clients, anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients’.
- Share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies roll out.
Strategic Management Accountability and Scope
Business Development Manager plays a critical and strategic role in ensuring Visa Inc.’s strategic position in the region. This role will be accountable to create a greater depth of awareness of the services of Visa and the role that Visa plays in the banking industry with the objective of positioning Visa as the strategic and preferred business partner in the markets.
This role will develop account strategies to assist in increasing revenues from existing accounts and win new accounts, by integrating priorities based on information from the geographies;
- Coordinate the strategic alignment of business plans with other functional areas;
- Manage the overall strategic relationships with key contact points at client banks, partners.
- Be responsible for sales and relationship management of mid tier and emerging clients and/or management of the sales operations within a major area or division;
- Assist marketing and product development in the launching of new products / expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts;
- Provide operational / technical leadership within sales;
- Ensure implementation of annual goals and plans.
Decision Making and Complexity :
- Decisions are strategic and tactical in nature, determining how to structure the function to deliver achieve organizational objectives.
- This role will develop departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities which helps develop functional sales strategy.
- Able to operate with limited guidance in complex environments;
- Responsible for account planning and submission of product propositions to Clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for preparing and securing Client commercial agreements;
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to Regional Management for approval.
- Manage ongoing level of Client support and manage internal and external visits by Visa staff and alliance partners with key Client personnel
- The candidate will be required to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management within Visa
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix organization.
Reporting Relationships and Interactions:
- This role reports to Country Manager Pakistan & Afghanistan based in Karachi.
- This position will involve frequent interaction and communication with financial institutions, processors, agents, merchants and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills will be required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix reporting structure, and multinational organization
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Assist with the relationships with the central banks, key technology partners and other organizations involved in payment services.
- Attending conferences and business meetings.
Complete ad hoc project/research work and other initiatives as directed by senior management.
Key Competencies :
- Good negotiation skills leading to timely resolutions
- Client sales, relationship and management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
- Exceptional communications skills
- Leadership skills
- Development and preparation of executive level briefs
- Self directed and motivated with ability to work with limited oversight
- Strategic management and creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
- Problem solving
- Bachelor degree in business or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Fluency in English and superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent project management and budgeting skills
- Organizational skills
- Prior experience leading meetings and effectively delivering presentations
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to achieve goals with minimal management oversight
- Financial Budgeting and Portfolio Management
- Strong presentation skills and MS Office knowledge
- Strong experience in the Banking/Financial Services sector; card payment or digital payments experience essential
- Knowledge of payments including Visa and the card industry
- Sales experience and proven negotiation skills
- Strategic Thinking combined with good business acumen
- Digital mind set and adaptive leadership
- Self-starter with commitment to learn and sense of curiosity
- Self-driven, positive and result orientated team player
- Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
- Capability to liaise and present to senior level international bankers
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to influence client direction and decisions.
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management,
- Candidate must have the ability to travel frequently
Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with Regional and global colleagues to share information, best practices and deliver to business goals.
Multi-cultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management.
As with all positions within Visa International the jobholder is responsible for the security of the Visa International environment and the physical security of all Visa property, documentation and member information.
Health and Safety
Give full support to the Company’s health and safety policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented.
Give full support to the Company’s business continuity policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented. Ensure familiarity with business continuity plans and support all relevant activity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions