As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner - WooliesX.
Having been awarded the Canstar Blue Award for No.1 in Customer Satisfaction for online groceries, and more recently being voted the most popular Loyalty Program in Australia, we’re proud of the work we do and are being recognised for delivering innovative and best in class service that is convenient, frictionless and personalised to our customers.
With an industry-leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
What we are looking for
WooliesX Digital Media Platforms and Product Tribe are looking for a Product Manager to maximise the business and customer value generated from the work of one of three product squads delivering a group wide integration with a new offers and loyalty platform. You will ensure that development teams are working on the right things at the right time and are always aware of the value of what they are delivering.
Ideally, you will have worked at a large tech company in a similar role, responsible for setting, prioritising, and evaluating the work generated by a web, app, platform, or software scrum team in order to ensure impeccable features and functionality of the product. Ideally, you will be someone who is very technically-minded, able to understand complexity with ease, and comfortable conversing with both engineering, design, and business stakeholders. You will be an experienced Product Manager who can lead conversations with confidence both within the squad and outside the squad. This is a 12 months fixed term contract.
About the squad
On a large Group wide initiative to integrate a new offer and loyalty platform into the business, Oprah squad is one of three WooliesX squads responsible for delivering the program roadmap.
The Real Time Loyalty (RTL) program of work is implementing an API driven offers and loyalty platform that will accelerate capability, providing Woolworths Group customers with exciting new shopping experiences.
- Lead as the Product Manager for the squad, enabling the day to day delivery and working closely with technical stakeholders
- Evolve the product roadmap that has support of the program and organisation and makes the direction clear. Ensure the roadmap delivers on kep Project priorities
- Find opportunities to resolve business or customer pain points or capitalise on opportunities where they exist within the existing timeframe and resourcing constraints
- Ensure decisions are made with the relevant data, ensuring outcomes are as expected
- Be an advocate for the product with channel teams and generate interest and excitement
- Foster the sense of one goal one tribe, work with a broad range of stakeholders on a daily basis including but not limited to Product Managers, tech teams, marketing, brand, designers, business customers from across the Woolworths Group
- Providing vision, requirements and direction to the agile development teams, Group IT, architects and stakeholders throughout the project, providing requirements to help ensure optimal output
- Break down complex solutions to enable delivery via multidisciplinary teams
- Collaborate with key technical delivery squads across the organisation to enable value delivery via multiple channels
- On the daily, assist squads in their efforts to plan and prioritise product feature backlogs
- At a higher level, contribute to defining the product vision, roadmaps, and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Support squads in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Ensuring Privacy requirements are met and signed off
- Supporting Agile processes and delivery
- Creating a test & learn environment.
- Ideally, you will have previous working experience as a product owner for at least 3 year(s) within larger organisations.
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an environment where you can work on complex and technical product features
- You will possess excellent stakeholder management skills and your communication skills allow you to excel in a cross functional environment
- In-depth knowledge of API service development and SAS platforms (i.e. consumable APIs)
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision, with entrepreneurial traits: you're obsessed with ensuring optimal outcomes for our customers, whilst seizing on opportunities to increase and grow revenue
- You are a self-starter and thrive in an environment where you can work on complex product features
- Understanding of loyalty, digital media, direct communications, customer and commercial outcomes
- Critical thinking, analysis and out of the box thinking to develop strategies to overcome challenges and assist others in doing the same
- Desirable - You have a basic understanding of common front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue) how they function (routing, session management, state management), familiarity with the use of consumable design systems and server-side rendering.
What's in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package
- Added benefits - Including staff discounts, flexibility to work from different sites, social club and much more (Site dependant)
- Tech options - Woolworths are the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- Work variety - The opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable initiatives
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference. We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
We’re also social! - connect with us through #LI LinkedIn, #work180 Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday