Product Partnerships Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Product Partnerships Manager
Adyen is looking for a commercially focused individual to develop and manage payment partners for Adyen in Japan. This role is part of the APAC partnership team, who is focusing on building partnerships and products with leading third party payment platforms and systems. Those connections and partnerships enable Adyen’s merchants to have access to our global payments capabilities for online, in-store and truly global unified commerce.
What you'll do
Identify the gaps and finding solutions by creating and adding new features to our existing partners. Challenging our partners to provide the best in class services. Initiating and developing commercial relationships with a variety of strategic partners for Adyen APAC. Ensuring that suitable technical integrations are developed to support Adyen customers and to make it easier for Adyen to win new customers. Negotiating commercial partnership models. Attending and presenting at partner events to promote Adyen's solutions. Working together with Adyen's global sales force by attending meetings with existing and potential customers.
- Responsible for Product in Japan
- Launching new Payment Products from A to Z.
- You’ll be owning the end to end project for both Ecom & POS
- Launching, managing and optimizing relevant payment method and schemes which will include few external parties (e.g. issuer, regulatory)
- Building a go to market strategy.
- Working closely with our top merchants and understanding their needs. Equally, as a product owner, we are being asked to sell the proposition on a regular basis through round table in different countries, externally as well as internally
- In-detail specifying projects based on partner documentation
- Closely working with development teams to deliver product
- Frequent traveling required, when necessary
Who you are
- DNA: High energy, dynamic, hands-on self-starter with a proven commercial edge and entrepreneurial drive. At the same time you have strong analytical skills and pragmatic
- Experience: You have direct experience working in Partnerships with at least one of the following: Payment method, Acquirer, Schemes, Issuer or other relevant payment related field.
- Knowledge: Clear understanding of global payments and the surrounding ecosystem
- Exposure: You’ve had prior exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and you show a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity
- Environment: A strong and effective leader with the ability to operate comfortably and independently within a complex cultural, global environment.
- Ownership: You are committed and you have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. You have previous experience seeing projects through from beginning to end and owning the entire process.
- Adaptive: As the ‘go to’ person you will have to wear many hats. We are looking for someone with exceptional people skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, technical and commercial. You are comfortable with going from a meeting with an engineer, a marketer, CFO, and an account manager, tailoring messaging based on the audience.
- Results Oriented: Proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results. A strong understanding of the importance of data and user optimization, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives
- Fluent in written and verbal Japanese (Native or Business level) and proficient in English (business level)
- Due to Covid-19 and border closures globally, we are only able to consider candidates already residing in Tokyo
Who we are
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership, truly contributing to our exponential growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like ego’s and hierarchy. When taking a decision, we take them quickly but always involve others. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
What we do
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Nike, eBay and major eCommerce players and retailers in Apac.
The team works in close collaboration with Adyen globally and other APAC offices.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The payments platform built to grow your business