Sr. Software Engineer - Business Solutions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Business Solutions Data Services platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Sr Software Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
- Design and develop critical systems with high-availability and high performance.
- Design, code and integrate n-tier applications with different application components
- Responsible for design and development of different products utilizing Visa's huge data.
- Interested in Innovation and ideation. Contribute to development of new products by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and exceeds expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams and follow the guidelines.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Collaborate with global and virtual teams on software development.
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to products, standards, best practices and development methodologies
- 5+ years of relevant experience with software design, architecture and development life cycle.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Full Stack Software Development experience in large scale mission critical applications.
- Mandatory experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java/J2EE or other frameworks.
- Solid experience in frameworks like Spring or Spring Boot, Sprint MVC, JPA, Hibernate.
- Expertise with RDBMS systems like SQL Server, Oracle or DB2.
- Proficient in Web Services/API Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML.
- Proficient in GIT/Stash, Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness.
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
- Leading a module/team or mentoring experience will be a plus.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration and communication skills required.
- Experience being part of an Agile/Scrum team and following processes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions