Senior SW Engineer - Java(Full-Stack)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Operations + Infrastructure: Operations & Infrastructure builds, operates and maintains best-in-class IT infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, and continuously available.
As a full stack Sr. Software Engineer Intern in this Product Reliability Engineering team you will help design, enhance and build web applications using modern back end & front end technologies in an agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day.
- Plan, design, implement & enhance simple to complex web applications.
- Develop integration solutions by integrating internal & external data sources to solve business problems.
- Evaluate and develop application releases, upgrades, fixes and patches.
- Write optimized unit testing code by using various unit testing framework
- Work with various internal teams in Visa to ensure adherence toward standard software development methodology & framework.
- Partner with internal team's developers to ensure that their code is applying the standards.
- Finding the best and most creative solutions to many different types of problems and help our client & internal teams to achieve their goals.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
Proficiency with a programming language or technology including, but not limited to:
- Relational Database Management System like mySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc
- Familiar with: JSON, REST APIs, MongoDB, AngularJS, ExpressJS, NodeJS, React
- Big Data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, R, NoSQL(Good to have)
- Knowledge of Elastic, Airflow, Splunk a plus(Good to have)
- The ability to tackle challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
Highly driven, inventive and results oriented
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Travel: Incumbent must be able to travel less than 10%
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions