IOS Mobile Engineer
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Design System team is a cross-functional team of people dedicated to enabling world-class, cross-product experiences through design.
We create resources and guidelines to craft cohesive PayPal visual language that developers and designers use to build accessible, consistent, performant and engaging user experiences across all platforms: Web and Native.Job Description:
- Lead architecture efforts for cohesive experiences in native iOS apps
- Native iOS app development and converting ideas, designs, and requirements to concrete stable production builds
- Design and oversee solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the consumer mobile organization and across PayPal.
- Work with product, project and engineering teams to deliver products that customers need and on schedule.
- Understand and implement iOS design patterns
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA to resolve bugs
- Develops and communicates technical processes, standards and best practices within the consumer mobile team.
- Work well within a team, and contributes effectively to the success of the team and related teams.
- Identify opportunities for engineering productivity improvements or directions, and evangelize these successfully.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 to 5 years of software development experience in iOS development.
- Thorough understanding of Swift and Objective-C.
- Expert at Autolayout and Size classes.
- Solid understanding of Core Animation.
- Thorough understanding of localization and adaptation.
- Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins), application monitoring (Crashlytics/ fabric.io), mocking tools (such as Apiary), build tools, Unit testing, and automation testing.
- Extremely comfortable with understanding and implementing client-side handlers for web services with REST services at the backend
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, MVC and MVVM.
- Thorough understanding of XCode and Github.
- Knowledge /understanding of CocoaPods
- Protocol Oriented Programming
- SwiftUI, UIKit framework and its programming patterns
- Experience creating accessible components, including knowledge of ARIA and WCAG conformance.
- Strong communication skills. You can work with engineers, designers, product managers, and engineering managers to prioritize work and identify opportunities that will benefit multiple teams.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science.
Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaAdditional Locations:
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal