Senior Partner Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyro’s Partnerships and Corporate Sales (PACS) team is responsible for managing, maintaining and more importantly growing the base of Partners that work with Tyro for integration and then the referral of merchants to Tyro. The team also looks after the needs of Australia’s largest merchants by providing compelling payment solutions to them to assist with their abilities to take merchant payments either face to face or digitally. The team plays a vital role in providing opportunities for the sales teams to convert warm opportunities, provide market intelligence in terms of pricing, features and functionality from our competitors, as well as identifying and working with external parties to bring the latest technology to work in conjunction with the Tyro payments products.
The Primary purpose of this role is fourfold
1) lead team primarily focused on the POS and PMS Partners under the Tyro Activate Partner Program
2) lead & manage team of Partner Managers as they bring on board & launch new POS, PMS and Ancillary Partnerships
3) lead the operational management of the TAPP program (e.g. budgeting, compliance, sales oversight, risk management, cross-functional project representation, product team engagement, stakeholder management, reporting & analysis); and,
4) identify, onboard & manage new partners relating to TAPP and ancillary partner opportunities distribution opportunities (e.g. commercial negotiations, partner management, marketing etc)
- Help the team to identify trends and opportunities in the existing partner space to drive better results.
- Be the voice of the POS and PMS partners within Tyro especially focused on features and functionality and new payment methods.
- Manage the TAPP Partnership team in terms of efficiencies and ensuring market leading engagement in terms of supporting Partners engaging with prospective merchants
- Look at current processes within the team and provide suggestions in terms of improvements
- Understand market movements in terms of POS and PMS space as well as competitors looking to engage with our existing Partners.
- Drive campaigns and engagement from the Tyro Partner Marketing team as well as driving engagement from other Tyro Sales teams including BDE, Sales, Key Account Management and Customer Success.
- Challenge the way things have been done, look to bring change and improvement not only within the PACS team but the broader Sales team at Tyro. Do not accept the norm, but ask why!!!
- Provide support to Head of Partnerships and Sales in terms of leadership
Experience and Qualifications:
- External experience in terms of payments and sales processes
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate and engage well with stakeholders at all levels
- Advanced technical and analytical skills to analyse sales performance
- Strong ability to quickly articulate current situations and to manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to represent the team at Senior Levels (Exco) at Tyro as and when required
- Financial services experience well regarded
- Desired experience
- Salesforce experience well regarded
- Process Improvement training or skills highly regarded
- High level of attention to detail
- Partnership management experience
- Commercial negotiation experience
- People leadership experience
- Product management experience
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking