Senior Compliance Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
At FIS, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today’s fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
About the team
The Financial Crimes Compliance team is responsible for preventing, managing and mitigating the financial crime risks, that may occur through the payments we process, for our global customers or the products and services our business provides. Our goal is to be a be a trusted and independent second line of defence control function, in-order to protect FIS from financial crime risks.
What you will be doing
As a Director, you will be the money laundering reporting officer (MLRO) for Thailand. You will be responsible for running, embedding and enhancing Thai’s financial crime compliance program. You will also have engagement with senior internal stakeholders (e.g. business) and external stakeholders (e.g. regulators). You will also represent the Financial Crime Compliance team at relevant Thai risk / governance committees. Recognising the need to drive the long term success of the financial crime compliance program, and the current size of the global Financial Crime Compliance team, the successful person will need to possess a “can do attitude” and have exemplary communication skills.
You will also be responsible for policies and procedures and a full range of components within the compliance program, such as developing strategies and objectives for the Thai market. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and communicate regulatory changes that impact FIS products, services and business activities.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans.
- Develop, modify and execute company policies that affect immediate operations.
- Oversee development and implementation of compliance program policies and standards as well as addressing other required regulatory policies.
- Respond to issues and matters pertaining to regulatory compliance of FIS products, services and business activities.
- Perform periodic reviews and evaluations of FIS products, services and business activities to validate compliance with applicable laws and regulations or detect regulatory violations, weak controls or other potential areas of exposure.
- Ensure strategic objectives of the compliance and ethics program are met, including execution of risk assessment activities, coordination of risk response and program testing and validation.
- Identify key business processes, perform evaluations of risk, assess the effectiveness of controls and promote improvement across the organization through the deployment of risk response activities.
- Design and deploy processes to validate FIS products, services and business activities meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Communicate detailed requirements to line of business, validate solution approach and monitor status.
- Provide compliance reviews and direction for new and expanding products and services.
- Conduct compliance assessments and provide direction on any deficiencies detected by those assessments.
- Monitor line of business compliance activities to verify that regulatory compliance deadlines and requirements are met.
What you bring
- Substantial experience (10 years plus) in financial crime compliance, gained from working in a large global financial institution e.g. within a bank (managing the financial crime risks associated with correspondent banking / payment processing / core banking), fintech or payment processor.
- Experience of leading a financial crime compliance team (no line management responsibilities currently, but this may change in the future).
- Ideally previously been a MLRO (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of the financial crime and compliance regulatory environment in Thailand and the APAC region.
- Financial crime advisory experience including undertaking financial crime risk assessments.
- Knowledge of wider financial crime risks e.g. bribery and corruption, sanctions and money laundering.
- Experience of managing and building out a compliance program e.g. regulatory or enterprise.
- Good senior internal and external stakeholder engagement experience, including with regulators (e.g. MAS) and law enforcement.
- High standard of written and verbal English communication, as well as the local Thai languages.
- The ability to handle and resolve challenging situations, work in a collaborative manner and be part of a wider international financial crime compliance team.
Added bonus if you have:
- An anti-money laundering and / or compliance related qualification e.g. International Compliance Association (“ICA”) or Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (“ACAMS”).
- Ability to travel internationally (where required, and when circumstances allow).
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial crime.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests