Sr. Product Manager Card Acquiring
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal’s Card Acquiring payments team is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Product Manager for managing its cards acquiring business for the EMEA region.
In this role, you will sit at the intersection of technical teams within PayPal as well as global processing partners, building and deploying new products and maintaining day-to-day health and stability of the card processing platform. The role involves collaborating with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deeply understand, and implement creative solutions.
You will be part of the team that is critical to the entire lifecycle of money movement at PayPal. The Payments Product team at PayPal is responsible for building and managing the payments experiences, including core payment processing, for buyers and sellers around the world.
- Ownership of business goals, opportunities, and challenges, contributing towards strategy and roadmap.
- Manage product implementation, collaborating with engineering, design, analytics, customer facing teams as well as external partners.
- Work with external partners (card acquirers, networks, processors), ensuring clear understanding of PayPal’s needs. Ensure technical requirements from external partners are understood and communicated effectively to internal engineering and support teams.
- Manage product breakages, collaborating with internal and external partners through detailed investigation and technical assessment.
- Drive operational review meetings, focusing on tracking performance against KPI’s.
- Drive optimizations related to payment processing and cost.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent payments industry experience. Experience in card acquiring preferred.
- Previous exposure to e-commerce, online payments (global and local), preferably in a Product Owner or Product Management role.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, with an ability to develop a working understanding of payment platforms and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to frame messages appropriately for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborative, able to efficiently work across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong execution skill and ability to diagnose issues and fix with a sense of urgency.
- Results oriented, and able to quickly establish priorities and execute against hard deadlines.
London, London, United KingdomAdditional Locations:
Berlin, ChennaiWe're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal