Senior Backend Engineer
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We have ambitions to implement the worlds next generation financial infrastructure. We are also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for working on a range of exciting initiatives across our international payments & card issuing platform. Within one of our feature teams you will be delivering business outcomes, not just product features.
Specifically, you will have the opportunity to help create the worlds next generation financial infrastructure including an issuing card processor and authorization rules engine (risk engine).
The role will span a range of activities including design and building new capabilities, infrastructure & CICD setup, proposing adoption of relevant new tools and techniques and contributing towards the growth of the Singapore engineering centre.
1. 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
2. Ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation
3. A commitment to producing high quality and well tested solutions
4. Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using. We are using Java or Kotlin
5. Systems design experience
6. Some experience working with high throughput / low latency / high availability distributed systems
7. API design experience
8. Familiar with HTTP, TCP / IP protocol and REST specifications
9. Mastery of Gradle / Maven or other build tools
10. Familiar with the use of Docker cluster
11. Flexibility to work across global timezones required
12. Fluent English speaking
1. Kotlin / Scala
2. Kafka event streams
3. GCP, Alicloud or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), docker and Kubernetes exposure
4. Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime