Engineering Manager II
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Global Merchant Lending (GML) team is responsible for building PayPal’s Working Capital and Business Loan products that have already originated more than $15 Billion in funding to over 300,000 businesses. We call it “Dream Fuel”. GML products give businesses access to the capital they need, but faster and easier than traditional loans. The impact we have on our customers’ businesses is what drives us to innovate.
With us, you will enjoy designing technical solutions, working with stakeholders to ensure we develop the correct product for the job at hand. You will make key technical decisions and communicate them effectively. You will lead the implementation of those solutions in an agile environment. We have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid code that scales and performs well. We are looking for the highest levels of technical talent and programming skills, as well as a keen desire to understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
You will work alongside the best and the brightest engineering talent in the industry. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences, improve existing products, and develop systems powering the top growth opportunity in PayPal.
The candidate will be involved in leading a development team and is expected to be a self-starter, team player and strong driver for results and continual improvement. The candidate is also expected to be in constant collaboration with cross functional business teams.Job Description:
Job responsibilities include:
• Participate in the analysis, architecture, design, and delivery of large scale enterprise grade products & platforms.
• Be able to define and set standards for engineering rigor and help cultivate an engineering driven culture
• Drive Engineering strategy and vision for the product working closely with customers and product managers.
• Should be able to help develop rapid prototypes and proof of concepts to facilitate decision making.
• Be able to motivate the team to innovate and contribute to open source projects as the need arises.
• Partnering with product, technology, program management and analytics stakeholders to balance aggressive roadmap against engineering principles.
• Recruit, coach and manage teams comprising highly skilled engineers at different experience levels.
• Be a mentor, technical leader and thought leader for a talented team of engineers with various cloud technology experiences, challenging them and helping them grow.
• Building a culture of learning and sharing technology insights across the technology teams.
• MS or BS degree in computer science or equivalent with 10+ years of experience planning, designing, developing and delivering large scale platforms and products.
• 5+ years of experience as an engineering manager leading software development teams.
• Hands-on experience with design and development of scalable platforms and a proven track record of high scale deliveries in Java, J2EE, Spring, REST stack.
• Is a strong leader with the ability to lead & manage a high performing team, can creatively balance high-quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
• Proven track record of delivering results in an aggressive and fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Strong Agile skills and proven track record for product delivery.
• Looking for continuous improvement in productivity and quality.
• Passion for leading and developing direct reports; providing guidance, consultation, and opportunities towards improving their professional skill set
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage a large, diverse set of to-dos – vigorously prioritize, stay on top of multiple work streams, monitor progress, hold owners accountable.
• Is a strong leader with ability to lead & manage a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs.
Bangalore, Karnataka, IndiaAdditional Locations:
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal