Software Engineering Manager
- We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
- Software Engineering ManagerMastercard Track - MCP Software Engineering Team seeks a Software Engineering Manager with a strong engineering background in leading a team of Full-Stack Software, and Quality Engineers delivering in an Agile delivery model. He or she will raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences. We’re building a global supply chain platform designed to support market growth through data and tailored digital financial services for small businesses. As a global business, the team you lead for Mastercard will deliver software operating at a massive scale requiring a focus on performance, security, and reliability. This role will be based in our Mastercard technology location in Arlington, VA, which provides a state-of-the-art environment for technology teams to thrive in collaborative, Agile engineering culture.
• Lead a team of high performing engineers in an Agile environment to build great products while providing guidance to help increase the efficiency, stability, deliverability, and maintainability of everything the team produces;
- Mentor team members to help them grow both technically and in their careers;
- Recruit and retain a high-caliber engineering team;
- Work with business stakeholders, product managers, designers, and developers to evaluate feature ideas, explore implementation options, and coordinate development efforts ;
- Articulate trade-offs between different design and implementation ideas and helps the team make well-informed decisions while avoiding “analysis paralysis”;
- Perform code reviews and mentor team members on engineering best practices, encouraging career and personal growth;
- Act as technical SME for enterprise architecture, solution architecture, and software development;
- Ability to communicate business goals to the software engineering team and team accomplishments to senior staff members;
- Stay on top of industry engineering best practices, technology trends, tools, and frameworks;
- Effectively partner with other leaders to influence strategic decisions and advocate for and drive change on behalf of the team;
- Create a collaborative and inclusive engineering environment that is open-minded, respectful, and effective while fostering a team culture of accountability, communication, and self-management
- Proven experience in technical leadership or management role, or ready to make that kind of career move as a Principal Software Development Engineer;
- Established track record leading teams in the delivery of software leveraging Agile software development practices such as (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.);
- Experience leading modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications);
- Passionate technologist with proven experience and a strong foundation in application development;
- Proficiency in building highly scalable, highly available full-stack Java applications;
- Experience with technologies like Java, Java EE framework (Spring), Angular, Kafka, and PostgreSQL;
- Experience leveraging PaaS and CaaS utilizing technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) or public cloud (Azure) is a plus;
- Experience with designing and delivering optimized native mobile apps is a plus;
- Track record in adhering to modern engineering practices, effective coding, writing unit test cases, debugging, code reviewing, and creating CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with relational databases (transactional and non-transactional), database architecture, and distributed transaction management;
- A quality-first mindset and demonstrated experience producing high-quality code;
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
- Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities