Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We have ambitions to implement the worlds next generation financial infrastructure. We are also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering
As Engineering Manager you will be expected to..
1. Lead the development & maintenance of mission critical systems
2. Lead squads of engineers and work with engineering leads to set engineering goals and development targets
3. Support the team with feedback and career development plans as they progress
4. Work closely with Product Managers to analyse product requirements taking responsibility for the technical design and execution of the product strategy
5. Manage long term engineering strategy and balance the needs of the platform (technical debt) with our product ambitions
6. Facilitate technical solution design & review
7. Advocate best practice including code review and enforcing quality standards across engineering teams
8. Contribute to hiring, training and growing engineer careers across the region
9. Proactively collaborate between local and global engineering teams
1. Fluent in English
2. Bachelor degree in computer science and related majors
3. 8+ years of hands on software engineering experience
4. Forming highly performance teams including experience setting up agile engineering teams
5. 2+ years recruitment experience
6. 2+ years people leadership including career growth planning & running performance reviews
7. Planning and executing long range engineering strategy and product roadmaps including project governance & stakeholder management
8. Familiar with commonly used design patterns, with experience in design and development of large-scale distributed, high concurrency, high load, high availability systems
9. Mature systems design / platform architecture experience
1. Experience working in global payments, card issuing or banking industries
2. Hands on experience with event driven architectures
3. Exposure working on high volume distributed systems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime