Lead Mainframe Developer - Payments
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
About the Role/Team:
Lead developer on Payments projects; involved in designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS architectural standards.
What you will be doing
- Provide technical solution options, high-level designs and estimates in the early discovery phase follow by detail technical design and documentation.
- Team lead in providing both technical expertise and leadership across all phases of the software development lifecycle including release and deployment to production.
- Lead other developers by proving technical guidance and carry out team lead activities such as task assignment, monitor progress and follow up on issues to ensure successful delivery
- Hands on Coding, Testing, Debugging, documenting, implementing and maintaining software applications.
- When required, participate in the production support roster (both day and overnight) for our developed systems and applications.
What you bring:
- Architectural/Design experience
- Technical leadership experience
- Strong technical expertise/hands on coding using:
- Mainframe / ZOS
- Payments / Card Scheme knowledge
- Ability to be independent and adaptable.
- Positive can-do attitude
- Technical ownership
- Good in multitasking
- Able to handle difficult situations
- Agile and Waterfall experience
- Experience in production support
Added bonus if you have:
- COBOL & ISPF experience
- Knowledge of Data Navigator and/or Data Distributor
- C++/OO language experience
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary & attractive benefits
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests