Director, Merchant Sales & Acquiring – Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Expanding merchant acceptance by enabling sellers is a foundational strategy for Visa and central to our growth hypothesis in the South Asia region. This plays an even more important role in the emerging markets of Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term acceptance growth by reinforcing its partnerships, delivering world-class and low cost digital payments solutions, enhancing market investments and having the right talent and organization to execute.
The Merchant Sales & Acquiring unit within Visa is responsible for strategy, partnerships and solutions deployment with all players in the seller-enabler ecosystem. This includes partnerships with acquirers, intermediaries such as payment facilitators and aggregators, merchants, bigtech platforms and fintechs. The team also manages our Cybersource business in the market.
What a Business Development Leader does at Visa:
The Business Development Leader will be the market lead responsible for expanding our partnerships with seller-enabler partners including the largest merchant and payments platform, in addition to managing our relationship with acquirers, driving a significant part of our revenue and growth as well as payment platforms and fintechs. We have partnership deals in place with some of these partners with the intent to carve out more strategic growth partnerships.
Why this is important to Visa
Besides being core to our strategy, this role has high revenue and business growth ownership owing to the scale and reach of partners being managed in terms of current and future impact. These partners collectively will drive a significant part of our expand acceptance strategy as well as form the basis of our successful implementation of strategic initiatives such as small merchant expansion, e-commerce (including CYBS) and Visa Digital Product deployment.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide input to and co-own the market development agenda for Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan. Deliver on agreed AOP outcomes across partner set including strategic expansion plans; deliver on ongoing deals (Merchant Growth, Acquiring and CYBS), execute on Visa Digital Products and cash displacement initiatives; manage co-brand and acceptance partnerships.
- Develop strategic alignment between partner organizations and Visa. Agree on strategic goals and deliver both long-term and short-term outcomes. Develop and execute partnerships for growth with partners. These are the most demanding partners hence rigor in terms of account management (QBRs, delivery of agreed VCA projects etc.) are non-negotiable.
- Own relationships, business outcomes and drive internal resources towards delivery of partnership goals. Manage ongoing account plan and deliver on both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Deliver the best of Visa to partners by deploying a 360-degree approach. Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Core/Digital Products, Marketing, Innovation and CyberSource.
- Manage internal executive engagement and updates including reporting to Investor Relations and updates for global senior executives on a regular basis as well as interaction of key partner senior executives with Visa senior executives (Visa has a CEO/CXO level relationship with all of these partners)
- Develop trusted relationships at both executive and operational levels and manage towards favorable GCES outcomes and other feedback mechanisms.
- Lead cross-functional opportunities and opportunity teams (such as for affordability solutions and VSC implementation
This role will report to the Head of MS&A India & South Asia and will be part of the leadership team of the Country Manager, working in close collaboration with Country Head and INSA/Hub MS&A team, this role will develop and implement the strategy for the cluster.
What you will need:
- Industry expertise with a wide perspective on all elements of payments. The candidate must be able to collaborate and drive outcomes across various elements of payments such as merchant acquiring, processing, technology, payment facilitators & other intermediaries, etc.
- Market understanding of the payments industry and India / South Asia market landscape. Relationships across key players would be valuable. Sound perspective on India and South Asia market government and regulatory environment.
- Industry experience in the payments ecosystem including acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchant acceptors, payments networks or fintech operators is desirable.
- Functional experience in product development, project management and or strategy / consulting is desirable. A stint in new business development would be an additional asset.
- Flexibility, cultural adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment managing varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries. Multi-lingual with fluency in both Bangla and English.
- 12 or more years of relevant experience with a graduate degree or higher education in business or technology. Ability to engage meaningfully with senior partner executives across banks, merchants, payments intermediaries and technology firms.
- Full time position, based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Ability to travel for business is required.
What will also help:
Experience in digital commerce and the seller-enabler ecosystem will be helpful. Likewise exposure to working in a multinational and matrixed environment.
Projects you will be a part of:
You will have the ability to transform the card acceptance ecosystem in the country cluster through strategic partnerships that could enable millions of new merchants and drive significant growth in commerce and resultant revenue for Visa and its partners.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions