Lead, Product Manager Technical
- We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead, Product Manager Technical
Who is Mastercard?
- Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
- Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
- The Data Warehouse team is looking for a Senior Product Manager Technical (PM-T) to drive our mission to unlock potential of data assets by consistently innovating, eliminating friction in how users access data from its repositories, generate insights and deliver those to end consumer.The Data Warehouse comprises of Oracle, Hadoop and Netezza platforms. It also comprises of various analytics and reporting platform that includes Domo, Power BI, Tableau, SSRS and WebFOCUS. The ecosystem also includes Microsoft BI stack involving SSAS & SSIS and Alteryx ETL tool. These platforms together are used to deliver insights and reporting capabilities to wide group of users across the organization in order to support business decisioning and growth drivers of various products/solutions. This position of Senior PM-T will be central interface between technology teams and product delivery team working closely with product delivery team to understand their end to end needs and translate those needs to the engineering team.
- Ideal candidates will answer yes to all the following questions:
- Have you worked in an agile development team?
- Do you understand the standard SDLC process?
- Do you have exposure to Data Warehouse, data analyitcs, data mart and data security
- Do you have sound analytical skills?
- Are you passionate about building technology to deliver quality solutions providing superior customer experience?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to learn new skills and applications quickly?
- Contribute towards design and development of high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artefacts within expected time and budget.
- Define and describe the details behind the business requirements, specifications, and user experience as defined in the Product Roadmap so that there are always prioritized and “SDE ready” features and user stories.
- Optimizing the approach by being experts in their domain and providing insight into tradeoffs and what will ultimately be built.
- Builds the balanced backlog that transparently prioritizes between “run," collective actions (APIGW, 8-BIN, Policy), and new build.
- Formally accepts that the solutions built met all acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Front-end Developers, Report/BI Developers and Product Owners to implement the next generation of enterprise application.
- Work closely with Product Owners to outline requirements, prepare functional specs and interface technical teams.
- Stay abreast of Analytics technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent
- Participate in architectural discussions, iteration planning, and feature sizing meetings
- Develop reports and perform ad-hoc analysis using various BI tools
- Provide support during System and User Acceptance Testing
- Adhere to Agile processes and participate actively in agile ceremonies
All about you
- Understanding of IT systems and/or products and supporting BI reporting solutions, ETL solutions and other analytics solutions. Exposure to new technology trends like R, Python and similar technology.
- Conceptual understanding of Agile processes.
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Good understanding of Big data technologies and concepts
- Good understanding of Advanced analytics like predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Exposure to Python, Scala, Spark and other related technologies
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Understanding of Exadata/Oracle/Netezza/SQL server or any other relational databases
- Have product build out mindset and prior experience in supporting technology teams building products
- Understanding of Business Intelligence solutions for customers
- Exposure and understanding of complete SDLC
- Experience in AGILE methodology
- Experience in working in global teams and should be technically strong
- Good communication skill is mandatory
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities