Senior Product Manager - Technical
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Product Manager - TechnicalMastercard is a technology company in the Global Payments Industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, travelling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone.
Mastercard’s Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We are currently looking for a ‘Senior Product Manager – Technical’ for Business Intelligence platforms within the Data & Services group. You will manage end-to-end delivery of engineering projects for some of our analytics and BI solutions that leverage Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytics techniques, to help businesses around the world solve multi-million dollar business problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Product Management-Technical (PM-T) are technical roles and work closely with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Software Engineers, UI/UX Designers and internal customers. An ideal PM-T:
• Obsesses about delivering the best end-to-end customer experience. Owns the working backwards document and vision for feature releases. Identifies gaps and charters new platform capabilities as required.
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product. Compares features for competitive review to inform prioritization within a platform product release. Identifies innovations or performs test and learn experiments to create features that add more business and customer value for a platform product.
• Participates with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs. Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap. Makes trade-off decisions on platform product features. Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop into the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests.
• Exhibits expertise within platform feature area and coordinates with interdependent teams.
Assimilates business customer requirements and platform requirements for a platform feature set and elaborates features and stories. Determines release goals for the platform and prioritizes assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed. Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level. Reviews product demo with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set.
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets. Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicates to leadership. Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature.
• Works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues. Develops and implements new metrics into measurement techniques; works with development teams to develop reports to monitor them. Independently identifies and researches anomalous performance; escalates findings to senior management. Coordinates with internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities.
• Owns and manages product documentation; enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead. Identifies feature risks from business and customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance, shares with senior leadership.
• Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks. Mentors team members. Assists with hiring and onboarding.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience, with a proven track-record of performing PM-T/System Analyst/Business Analyst roles for large and complex products.
• A solid foundation in Computer Science, with very strong SQL skills. Experience with analysing huge and complex datasets to produce required analytical outcomes. Prior hands-on experience on .Net or Java stack would be a huge plus.
• Advanced level understanding of Agile/SAFe methodologies with a demonstrated experience in discharging roles and responsibilities as listed in the section above.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with quick adaptation to new technologies, methodologies, and systems.
• Excellent English communication skills (both written and verbal) and experience with managing internal and external stakeholders at all management levels.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive, with ability to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities