Software Development Engineer, Mastercard
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer, MastercardOverview:
- Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment, and energetic, innovative team?
- Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
Customer Data Management Team is looking for a high-energy, motivated and detail oriented Engineer to be a part of the Team that will be tasked to build a new platform that will change the way we work.
Software Development Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. She or he participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, She or he influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
• Creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides for moderately-complex projects.
• Assists team members in the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions.
• Significant code development, code review and day-to-day support duties.
• Fluent in one language with a basic understanding of OOA/OOD.
• Should have basic understanding of stand-alone 3 tier application.
• Understands the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your software.
• Can address straight forward technical problems.
• Strives to improve operational metrics and overall platform performance.
All About You:
• Key Technology Focus Areas
o Good to have knowledge of at least one of the language Java/C++/Python.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities