Database Administrator (Oracle 19c, Data Guard)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
10 - 15%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Provide database administration and support for IST/Switch application and related infrastructure. May require knowledge of multiple database management systems on one or more operating systems. Primary duties include database software installation, upgrade/patching, infrastructure management and creation and support of application databases.
What you will be doing
• Database software installation, upgrade/patching, infrastructure management and creation/support of application database
• Exadata and Oracle Recovery Appliance patch management
• Follows and meets project timelines and deadlines
• Provides maintenance of physical database:
• Creates physical database objectives following established standards and processes employed by the database team.
• Implement and maintain database security
• Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
• Enforces database standards and follows up on inconsistencies.
• Performs routine reviews of databases and systems to ensure acceptable levels of performance.
• Works with capacity planning, operations, application developers, and other TSG teams on database performance and access issues.
• Provides on-call support of production database environments.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
• Experience as a DBA with Oracle 19c, Data Guard
• Experience with Goldengate replication
• Experience with Oracle Enterprise manager setup and maintenance.
• Knowledge of Exadata and Oracle Recovery Appliance
• Knowledge of Linux , Sql Server, MongoDB, and MySQL
• Good communication and team skills with an ability to cooperate, present to and participate with peers/team members
• Experience with system administration
• Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Identifies and resolves less clearly defined problems using established procedures and/or protocols as guidelines.
What we offer you
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests