Brand Awareness Marketing Manager - Japan
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We're looking for a strategic and creative Brand Awareness Marketing Manager to join our Square Japan Marketing team. You'll manage brand awareness, partnership marketing and experiential programs to achieve the goals of Square's brand and product awareness and business metrics. You will build a strategic vision, set the agenda and ensure strength of plans to achieve short-term and long-term results and manage campaigns using owned, earned and paid channels (film, digital, editorial, social, web, events and sponsorships). You'll partner with Creative and other teams to provide go-to-market plans tailored to the Japan market, analyze and optimize campaign performance and introduce new go-to-market tactics. You will report to the Head of Marketing, Japan and will be based in our Tokyo office, work from home, or a mix of both.
- Internally this role is known as Integrated Marketing Manager.
- Oversee Square Japan's brand awareness projects and goals, including brand strategy, insights and marketing programs working with the Square Global Integrated Marketing team
- Analyze and report on the brand competitive landscape in the Japan market
- Develop understanding of customer mindsets, attitudes and behaviors and translate those insights into marketing strategies
- Partner with external stakeholders to align the direction, negotiate and execute co-marketing initiatives to drive our metrics and objectives
- Work with the creative team to determine briefs and act as the primary partner in reviewing creative concepts and assets to meet marketing goals
- Work with Product Marketing, Creative and other Channel Marketing Teams to build the brand and deepen customer engagement
- Manage Square Japan's Integrated Marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment
- Oversee the relationships Square has with media agencies and other partners
- 10+ years deep experience in brand building, awareness, partnership management, content and social marketing
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers in Japanese (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings)
- Hands-on experience working in Brand awareness and Partnership marketing in Japan
- Media planning experience across the media mix (OOH, television, digital, events)
- Creative development experience, and have developed videos, images and other assets with Internal creative team members and external agencies
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- Solid strategic communication, and execution skills with strong decision making skills
- Experience building and managing relationships with business leaders at all levels, with internal colleagues and external partners
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Experience in B2B marketing, with exposure to small and medium-size businesses.
- FinTech experience.
- Experience using SQL, Figma and HTML/CSS.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.