Head of Marketing Operations (APAC)
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Marketing Operations at Coinbase
Marketing operations at Coinbase can lead to mind-blowing growth when executed by professionals and fueled by a productive marketing technology stack and processes.
Coinbase defines marketing operations as the end-to-end optimization and governance of marketing processes. This practice ensures that technology and automation are integrated and deployed effectively, goals are defined clearly and kept in focus, reports are used and insights applied, budgets are respected, planning is actionable, and communication routines are smooth between APAC and Global teams to drive world class collaboration and synergy. Marketing operations is what keeps the APAC marketing effort together, lays the foundation of marketing success, and enables scale.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Own critical APAC marketing operations initiatives including the product marketing launch calendar, executive updates, APAC marketing planning and budgeting process and more
- Be the champion for APAC operational excellence in the marketing org and proactively deliver strategic recommendations that enables us to become ‘Best-In-Class’
- Develop, manage, and continuously improve processes for scale that help Asia Pacific marketing team meet its goals more efficiently and effectively. This includes the development of an Asia Pacific Marketing Automation function to support scaled program execution for the regions.
- Be accountable for a portfolio of work that furthers strategic company objectives. Manage multiple complex, strategic programs and/or projects to successful completion.
- Drives strategic alignment across cross functional teams to succeed against company-wide goals.
- Collaborate with external & internal partners (Vendors, Product Management, Finance, Legal Compliance etc.) to gather business requirements and define program objectives
- Collaborate with Global marketing teams to help facilitate management of global initiatives such as localization and other APAC requirements
- Build, nurture, and guide a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring realistic and reliable staffing plans across various projects, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 8+ years of experience in strategic program management in support of marketing or within marketing operations, ideally within a fintech or consumer technology company
- 2+ years of experience in building and managing high performing teams
- Exceptional project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Ability to communicate business problems in simple narrative format
- Demonstrates ownership, resourcefulness, flexibility, willingness, and patience necessary to lead and adapt within a hyper growth company and industry
- Open to new ideas and the value that others bring. There should not be a “right” way of doing things - we are building (and iterating on) the right way for Coinbase
Nice To Haves
- Experience or interest in crypto
- Agile project management methodology
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio