Senior Software Development Engineer-3
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer-3
Job Description Summary
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a payment service provider. We offer merchants around the world an omni-channel payment gateway with integrated services (e.g. fraud risk management, alternative payment methods, currency conversion) while reducing their exposure to pain (chargebacks, PCI-DSS compliance etc).
The MPGS team is looking for a software developer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Develop medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative, or may formally supervise a small team, and assigns day-to-day work
- Designs and develops applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, and creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides
- Oversees and provides technical support to junior team members
- Significant advanced code development, code review and day-to-day support duties
- Department-wide public speaking and other communications conveying application level directions
All About You
- Bachelor of Engineering or Technology in Computer Science or Master’s degree in related discipline
- Software development, design & architecture experience of medium to complex applications
- Experience in Java/J2EE technologies with Spring boot framework, REST APIs, JSON, NoSQL databases, Hibernate, Messaging, Mockito / Cucumber.
- Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOA and RESTful messaging
- Proficient with RESTful web services, JSON / JMX remoting
- Working knowledge of Postgres / Elastic
- Working knowledge of Configuration management (Puppet) and a Linux OS (RHEL)
- Application Security including information security principles and realization, web app security and PCI DSS Compliance
- Experience in implementing CI/CD build pipelines with tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory and Chef
- Experience with software development frameworks such as Scrum, SAFe
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and business
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities