Payments Pricing Analyst
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Pricing analysts work with complex data sets to help businesses determine and set competitive prices to gain market share and achieve revenue goals.
This is a highly analytical role that requires pricing analysts to consider data from multiple sources and develop complex pricing models that reflect margins to align with the business financial target based on competitor, market, and customer data.
Reporting to the Payments Pricing Manager, the role will work alongside the Tyro Sales Team, operation team and delivery leads from Engineering as well as a dedicated delivery team.
- Responsible in pricing TYRO Merchant Acquiring business Products (Instore (CP) and eCommerce Products (CNP).
- Providing analytical breakdowns of pricing structures and sales funnels of the products and services of similar competitors
- Identify ideal pricing structures and sales funnels for the products sold by businesses
- Analyse Pricing Data - assessing data from a variety of sources
- Develop and maintain Pricing tools algorithm in line with the changing external influences that affect pricing
- Profile Merchant payments transaction behaviour in forecasting competitive pricing together with profitable margin
- Monitor the business financial trend to help discover potential improvement on sales volume or profitability
- Assist in the annual rate review process
- Responsible for the identification and management of risk in day to day responsibilities.
- Comply with Tyro policies and procedures including completing mandatory training within the required timeframes.
- Role model positive risk behaviours and contribute towards a strong risk culture at Tyro.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field
- Background in financial services and ideally the Merchant Acquiring Business
- 3 + years experience working in a payments pricing role in Australia
- Experience and understanding of Payments Schemes (VISA, MasterCard, eftpos, Union Pay)
- Experience of Payments Merchant Acquiring Products (Card Present and Card Not Present)
- Experienced on data analysis
- Advanced Excel and SQL Skills
- Exposure to data analytics tools such as Tableau and Alteryx
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking