Senior Backend Engineer - Payments / Banking
At Zeller, we’re reimagining business banking. We’re champions for small to medium sized businesses, challenging the status quo, and eventually, the big banks.
Why is it exciting to work at Zeller?
We’re big believers that ‘talent attracts talent’. Our goals are ambitious and exciting, and we need an incredibly skilled team to achieve them. Our team comes from all walks of life, and though we’ve been apart for such a long time, our culture has remained strong.
Founded in 2020, we have the vibrant, innovative ‘feel’ of a start-up, whilst having the pretty cool moniker of being ‘Australia’s most valuable pre-launch start up’. Ever.
When you join Zeller, you’ll be working alongside incredible talent to come up with solutions for unique and often original ideas. The team are champions for each other, and one of our strongest attributes is our team-first mentality.
There are some incredible things on the horizon at Zeller - we can't wait for you to join us.
Do you want to build a new bank from the ground level using modern tools, and change the business banking experience in Australia?
Zeller is an Australian-born fintech creating new banking and payment products to power the more than 10,000 businesses that joined us in our first six months after launch. As a Senior Backend Engineer you will work with our server-less, event-driven, and cloud native stack to drive new product development.
We are looking for outcome-driven technologists who want to own the products they build. You will be surrounded by talented and growth-minded engineers working to design and build new solutions and customer experiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the implementation and delivery of major product features
- Uplifting and setting the standard for code quality, design patterns and architectural choices
- Performing code reviews, contributing to a testing and automation culture, and supporting our quality practices
- End-to-end ownership and support of the features you build and of the quality and performance of the Zeller platform
What we're looking for:
- Experience with Typescript/Nodejs, GraphQL, and AWS cloud native architectures.
- Exposure to microservices, serverless architecture or Service-Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of architecture patterns such as CQRS and Event Driven design
- Demonstrated leadership in defining and uplifting code standards within a team
- Demonstrated ownership and delivery of complex products and services.
- Experience contributing to systems with high availability requirements
- Knowledge of secure coding practices.
- Excellent communication and planning skills with a deep appreciation for the customer and business context
- Deep expertise with AWS managed services including Lambda, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, EventBridge, API Gateway.
- Experience in payments and / or banking
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from:
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
Hybrid working arrangements;
Excellent learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team, both virtually and in person;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting ‘scale-ups’.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Everything your business needs to accept payments, manage your finances, and pay recipients fast.