APAC Product Tax Manager
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About The Team
At Stripe, we handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. Our tax team works with Stripes across the company to develop an efficient tax structure, as our international business scales and expands into new markets. We are looking for a well-rounded tax professional to support our APAC tax operations.
This function will support the APAC taxation of our regional activities and, in particular, Stripe’s growing Terminal business. You will help support and develop compliance processes, assist with tax controversy matters, and any planning efforts impacting our operations in APAC, including supply chain, customs, and logistics support. You will work for a rapidly growing company in a fast paced environment, while collaborating with numerous functional teams across our organization. The position will be based in Singapore and report to the APAC Tax Lead.
What you’ll do
- With a focus on Stripe’s global Terminal hardware business, support our APAC operations and establish and implement tax priorities with a strong moral compass and integrity.
- Collaborate with Stripe cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, legal, finance, on a range of tax issues related to M&A integration, product development, expansion, supply chain planning and logistics.
- Monitor international tax developments and manage the associated compliance and reporting obligations for Stripe.
- Collaborate with the APAC accounting team on income tax and indirect tax compliance, as well as any other tax filing and compliance aspects.
- Support the tax calculations and documentation, as well as tax controversy matters with tax authorities in the region.
- Collaborate with the local treasury team on our flow of funds.
- Work with the APAC engineering teams on implementation of tax requirements in the region.
- Support internal user facing teams, such as Account Managers, Sales, User Ops and others to address product needs and user queries as it relates to tax issues.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 8+ years of relevant tax experience with strong knowledge of tax laws in the APAC region
- Public accounting / legal firm and/or industry experience
- Significant experience and familiarity with tax issues specific to the hardware industry, including supply chain planning, logistics and trade compliance issues
- A proven ability to research and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams
- A strong technical tax background that enables you to develop and implement tax strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changes in tax laws, as well as changes in our services
- Empathy, humility, and some comedy
It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
- An advanced degree or professional qualification in tax, accounting, or law
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment
- Industry experience at a multinational organization; experience working in technology, payments, or financial services is a plus
- A willingness to work with a diverse crew of individuals who care deeply about Stripe’s tax issues and each other
To Apply Please Include The Following
- LinkedIn profile and resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.