Development Manager (C#, Banking/Financial)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
5 - 10%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Plan and manage application development and client delivery activities for an assigned application portfolio that may include small and simple software applications, moderately complex software applications or components of large and complex software applications.
What you will be doing
- Timely and efficient delivery of quality product functionality and services
- Responsibility for multiple delivery teams in the NZ Development Centre
- Work closely with our Project Management Office to delivery large programmes of work on time and budget
- Provide superior development environment and best practices
- Refine processes and tools that enable teams to build, test, deploy and release more frequently and efficiently
- Establish metrics that demonstrate progress of where the team is today with delivering to estimate and how we improve moving forward
- Drive initiatives towards continuous integration, continuous documentation and ultimately continuous deployment models
- Promote a culture of excellence and quality and seek continuous improvement in the processes and standards
- Translate, communicate and reinforce the goals, values and priorities of the organization
- Support team members in meeting individual, team and organizational objectives, providing professional and personal development, creating opportunities and removing barriers to success
- Selection, integration and training of new staff
- Work with other Development Managers across Regional Development Centres to ensure common best practices and efficiency gains
- Managing all project development deliverables and agreeing with the Team leads regular status updates and priorities
What you bring
- Leasing/Lending or any banking experience
- C# programming background
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Management experience and understanding of current management practices
- Project management and administration experience
- Sound understanding of information management, including systems, methodologies, techniques and technology
- Clear organizational awareness and knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving capability
- Ability to deal creatively with conflicting requirements
- A customer service orientation towards clients, marketing and sales teams and colleagues
- Experience leading Development teams in a large software development organisation using agile/scrum framework
- Experience with the entire development lifecycle
- Experience with developing in an agile framework
- Experience with financial services or ERP software delivery
- Ability to assess client needs and represent the development centre in the sales cycle
- The role will require a professional level of interaction with client staff and with staff from different parts of the FIS organization on a global level, so you will need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- English speaking essential, other languages an advantage.
- Independent worker who is capable of operating with little supervision and who can use initiative in a constructive and positive way
- Must be able work under pressure to deliver resolution on priority issues.
- The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, curiosity and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution
- Commercial focus in regard to our needs and client needs
- A hands-on Development Manager – someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Team spirit - work with other team members in a positive and supportive way
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Outcome focused
- Adaptable and versatile
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team.
- Good leadership Team and support system
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests