Regulatory Compliance Manager, Australia and New Zealand
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About The Team
You will be part of a team, working closely with and reporting to the Head of Compliance for APAC and ANZ Compliance Officer, to jointly build and operate a best in class regulatory compliance program as Stripe continues to grow and expand its product offerings in Australia and New Zealand.
What you’ll do
You will be handling a wide variety of compliance-related matters and collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Stripe complies with its regulatory and licensing/registration obligations in the markets.
- Create, manage and maintain compliance policies, procedures, registers and trackers to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of regulations that are relevant for the existing and new products offered by Stripe, and provide guidance to regulatory obligation owners in various teams to help them understand the regulatory requirements and standards expected by the local regulators.
- Partner with a wide variety of Stripe teams to implement and operationalize regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape closely, especially when there are new regulatory requirements or new product launches, and adequately prepare Stripe for compliance.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prepare accurate regulatory reports and submissions to the regulator(s) as required.
- Plan and prepare internal stakeholders for any external audits or regulatory inspections/examinations, and monitor the remediation of any issues/findings raised from these reports.
- Create relevant materials and deliver compliance training to keep Stripe staff up-to-date on local regulatory requirements.
- Identify and evaluate business and regulatory risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals, with an enabling and compliant mindset.
- Work closely with the compliance testing team to scope reviews on high risk/weak control areas.
Who you are
We are looking for a regulatory compliance specialist experienced in technology, payments and financial service industry to implement and run the regulatory compliance program (non-financial crimes) in Australia and New Zealand, with potential opportunities to support other markets as a team.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 5 years of combined relevant compliance experience in payments companies, financial institutions and/or audit firms.
- Hand on experience implementing a compliance program.
- A good knowledge of the payments/fintech industry and the relevant legislations in Australia and New Zealand, such as FInancial Services provisions of the Corporations Act.
- Independent worker with strong analytical skills and the ability to make sound compliance/regulatory decisions for Stripe.
- Strong team player to work with various internal stakeholders to effectively communicate requirements and implement the compliance program.
- Experience in interacting with financial regulators in Australia and New Zealand
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Have handled financial services-related license/registration applications.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.