Staff Software Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Staff Software Engineer would be a part of a high-performance global team responsible for the delivery of features in the Resolve Online program.
As a key member of the delivery execution team, candidate would need to create scalable designs, write maintainable code, reusable components/services/utilities, and test cases. Qualifications include good organizational skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good time management skills, ability to work independently, and effectively communicate with team members. The candidate must be capable of working in all phases of the application system development life cycle.
The successful candidate will become a recognized Subject Matter Expert, responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of dispute processing capabilities for Visa Resolve Online application.
- Understand business domain, analyze requirements, evaluate options and participate in scoping and sizing activities
- Design, develop code, tests and maintain code for Resolve online application releases
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members including vendor partner teams
- Effectively participate in the technology proof-of-concepts and learn new technologies and frameworks
- Understand and enhance coding guidelines and participate in code review processes
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with Requirements & Analysis group, QA team and Production Support team to ensure project alignment
- Service excellence and innovation; create opportunities; consistently think and act ahead of the curve
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5 -10 years of relevant experience in Java/J2EE enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts, Angular and Web services.
- Working experience in Agile software development projects is preferred
- Strong Core Java and programming skills
- Proficient with Gradle, Git/ BitBucket
- Relational database and strong SQL development experience required; Experience with DB2, MySQL are preferred
- Experience with cloud/ microservices technologies like Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience with No-SQL database like Cassandra
- Good technical expertise in designing and developing using IBM MQBroker / IIB or JBoss Fuse as an integration layer
- Technical expertise in using JBoss Drools as the Business Rule Engine
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document concisely
- Knowledge of continuous Integration using Jenkins and Gradle scripts
- Basic knowledge of UNIX, shell scripting
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is a plus
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.SingaporeVisa Inc.VisaSoftware Development/Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions