Risk Strategist, Brand Risk
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe.
The Brand Risk team develops processes, solutions, product controls and detection systems to ensure merchants and platforms integrity, prevent and remediate policy violations, and protect Stripe and our users from compliance and reputational risks. We collaborate with partners across Risk, Engineering, Product and Compliance to design and implement best-in-class risk strategy, and play a critical role in Stripe’s risk management efforts.
We are looking for an experienced risk management professional to join the group and help drive brand risk mitigation efforts. You will leverage data and work with technical teams to build solutions, set short and long term approaches to areas such as high dispute rate mitigation, partner requirements’ enforcement, merchants’ classification and product misuse, and enable new products and experiences.
- Drive brand risk strategy and innovative solutions to tough challenges while obsessing over user experience.
- Build relationships and partner with stakeholders across Risk, Engineering, Ops and Data Science globally.
- Build expertise and deep know-how around Stripe’s and our financial partners’ policies, standards and requirements, as well as risk capabilities and tools.
- Leverage data and quantitative analysis to build optimal solutions, balancing risk and friction.
We Are Looking For Someone With
- 8+ years professional experience in a related field, such as Risk, Compliance, or Trust & Safety, within a fast paced, high growth company
- Strong data analysis and / or technical background. You work closely with engineers and data analysts to build systems and / or deliver insights
- An analytical approach to decision-making. You are analytical, objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decisions
- Strong collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up
Nice To Haves
- * Experience working in payments and / or tech industries.
- Experience working on disputes management / card networks requirements’ management.
- Experience in coding, ML algorithms / predictive modeling.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.