Operational Risk Analyst
Judo Bank is on the lookout for a driven individual to join our Second Line Operational Risk team, with an understanding of Operational Risk and a passion for learning and solving
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Using your knowledge of financial services to help drive ‘best practice’ solutions.
- The opportunity to uplift Operational Risk Frameworks and Policies and develop meaningful reporting.
- A fast-paced environment which will grow with you.
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Supporting the Head of Operational Risk and Senior Manager Operational Risk in driving risk management excellence and cultural change across Judo.
- Supporting the uplift of risk maturity and operational risk profiling across Judo.
- Play a key role in completing second line risk management assessments, thematic and event-related reviews.
- Develop meaningful risk reporting.
- Contribute to the broader Judo business via active engagement with stakeholders across all facets of the business plus first and second line risk teams.
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Good working knowledge of banking and business lending policies and processes.
- Good understanding of Operational Risk Frameworks and Policies.
- Possess a hands-on and delivery focussed approach.
- Pragmatic thinker in decision making across customer, business and risk management outcomes.
- Ability to analyse complex business processes and articulate these to all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapid growth environment, where systems and processes are evolving as the business grows.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Your life pre-Judo:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in banking, financial services or other relevant industry.
- Previous experience in first or second line Operational Risk Management roles preferred.
- Experience working with stakeholders across all levels of an organisation.
- Experience analysing information and developing meaningful reporting.
- Australian working rights
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. Judo encourages all manner of diversity (including nationalities, skills, capabilities etc.), as it is a crucial aspect of our culture. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business