Manager, Product Strategy & Process Optimization
The Data Solutions team is responsible for leading the strategy, prioritization, and delivery of Visa products in Japan. The team collaborates with local, regional, and global stakeholders to develop the Go-To-Market strategy across data solutions, risk products, new payments, and open data. Our aim is to enable Visa clients and partners improve business performance, drive customer engagement, and optimize risk to help grow their business.
Reporting to the Head of Data Solutions, you will be an integral member of the team and will contribute to the development and implementation of Visa’s data products and business optimization. You will collaborate with key stakeholders, including Fintechs, banks, credit card companies, and key partners to develop and execute Visa’s strategy. Collaborating with internal and external partners and clients will lead to industry leading solutions that unlock beneficial use cases for consumers and businesses specific to the Japanese market. You will be an integral part of the sales support process and leverage your skills to effectively provide new solutions to our partners. In addition, your responsibility will also include working with key stakeholders internally to define new strategies that help Visa process more transactions and drive revenue growth.
As a Product Strategy/Process Optimization Lead, You Will
- Identify new opportunities which address specific market needs not currently met by existing payment solutions, including changes to existing services or proposing new services.
- Understand and document bespoke market requirements, driven by external factors such as local standard, regulation, competition, or prevailing technical conditions.
- Communicate requirements and solution concepts to global product and technology support teams, having regard for opportunity materiality, cost, complexity, and time to market.
- Play a key role as an adviser to your peers, and your market, regional, and global stakeholders.
Specific Areas Of Accountability Will Include
- Design product strategy, develop Go-to-Market plan, and collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Drive growth in value-added-services through the rollout of Visa’s data products and services
- Lead discussions with prospective clients on open data initiatives with specific focus on Visa’s solutions
- Manage product development on new payment solutions, drive discussions with external partner/clients, and lead key implementation plans
- Explore new use cases, collaborate with local and regional team, and pitch use-cases to existing clients
- Develop local business requirements and drive implementation through regional and global teams in close collaboration with other key functional areas including risk, strategy and government relations
- Provide input and leadership to regulatory and industry developments in Japan on Fintechs, digital payments, and open data
- Monitor market trends, emerging technologies, and prospective partners in Japan
Why this is important to Visa
To enable Visa’s goal of becoming a network-of-networks, it will be critical to ensure Visa plays an active role in the emerging open data economy. The use of data to facilitate innovative financial services and revenues will become increasingly important to Visa’s clients and our expertise and track record as the leading payments network in the world means Visa is best placed to fulfil these requirements. The Visa data solutions and the broader Visa product team will be at the leading edge of this transformation and will provide the vision and roadmap to make it a reality.
Projects You Will Be a Part Of
As part of the Data Solutions team you will be working on new and innovative solutions in addition to identifying opportunities to improve business performance. These will include:
- Development Go-To-Market plan for the rollout of new payment options and value-added service
- Collaboration with local teams on assessing key challenges, identifying optimizing opportunities, and driving key workstreams to increase transactions processed on Visa’s network
- Rollout of Visa data product and services in close collaboration with the local sales teams
- Development of innovative use cases in partnership with internal teams or with Visa’s clients that make use of Visa’s open data products and services
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What you will need
To Be Successful In The Role, S/he Should Have
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management and preferably 3 years minimum in Fintech (e.g. payments, lending, open banking)
- Deep experience in product strategy including product conception as well as launching, building, and scaling multiple products
- Expert in business optimization with ability to identify improvement opportunities and build implementation plan to drive results
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment with global and regional teams
- Responsible for managing client relationships with deep understanding of their business objectives and strategy
- Comfortable pitching new ideas to external clients/partner
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Native level Japanese and business level English (both written and verbal)
What Will Also Help
- Experience in payments or retail banking industry
- Experience in project management
- Ability to evolve strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship. Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions