Solutions Engineer (Remote, Japan)
Shopify empowers millions of merchants from all over the world to succeed at entrepreneurship. We're with our merchants each step of the way to help them start, and scale their businesses while allowing them to sell through numerous channels.
The world needs more Shopify: if you are driven by new challenges, hustle and great growth opportunities this is the place to be!
As a Solutions Engineer, you help break down technical barriers to enable our sales and partners team to show high growth, high volume, and complex merchants how they can accelerate the growth of their business with Shopify.
Requirements for the role:
- At least 5 years of experience in B2B pre-sales/solutions engineering
- An expert on Shopify and regional specific commerce applications, ecosystems, and integrations
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills combined with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- A desire to learn, master and teach our growing enterprise customers, partner agencies, and internal teams
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Familiarity with web APIs, middleware development, and front end development
- Native or fluent in Japanese & English
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to our sales and partner teams through various channels
- Working to help advise merchants (including their development partners) on technical solutions for the best business success on the platform.
- Creating customized product demos and proof of concepts for use live or recorded virtual client demonstrations
- Exploring creative ways to develop on the platform and answering inquiries about our APIs
- Mentor and coach the sales team on technical aspects of Shopify
- Be an advocate/trusted advisor for the merchant always by bringing your insights and knowledge to our product teams
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business