Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you will help lead, design, enhance and build our solutions for customers in an agile, fast-paced environment. You will be working with colleagues across the company, who will help support and challenge you every day. Designing solutions, writing code, unit testing code, reviewing code and frequent check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see your code going to production in just a few weeks and used by strategic accounts worldwide. If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture, solutions and opportunities.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Design and develop new systems as well as enhancements and fixing defects in existing software.
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build the next generation of payment solutions.
- Help our clients achieve their business goals by understanding their requirements and delivering the best solution.
- Act as Feature Lead for efforts to design and implement various aspects of secure payment solutions.
- Periodically rotate into the role of Scrum Master to lead agile, scrum teams for a given sprint.
- Able to take up QA responsibilities from time to time to functionally test features end-to-end, since we expect everyone to be able to perform DEV and QA tasks in a unified engineering team.
- Actively participate in meetings and discussions with product and architecture teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with a team player focus, with an ability to hone leadership skills over time and work as a mentor to junior team members.
- Develop close working relationships with members of teams within the organization.
- Become knowledgeable of Visa's core technology, infrastructure and standards.
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field;
- Typically candidates are expected to have 4-6 years of experience working in a technology company on Java and related technologies.
We want our Senior Software Engineers to do much more than just write code. You would be expected to bring in expertise that include:
- 4-6 years of solid Experience in technologies including JAVA, J2EE, REST, ORACLE and more.
- Good Experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate is a must-have. Any additional experience with a MVC Framework like Spring MVC, Struts, etc. is a Plus.
- Strong foundation in requirements scoping, data structures, algorithms, instrumenting and performance benchmarking, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- 4-6 years demonstrated experience with n-tier web application development and experience in latest JDK and earlier releases. Must be able to articulate experience with many of the major Java APIS (e.g. JMS, JPA, JNDI, JAX, etc.); Java / J2EE certification a Plus.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY) is required.
- Demonstrable experience utilizing object-oriented patterns and design best practices.
- Experience working with a variety of Application Servers and Databases (At least Tomcat, Oracle or equivalent).
- The ideal candidate would be one having full stack development experience and flexible to work both on backend or frontend depending on the project backlog.
- Exposure to tools like JMeter, SoapUI is good to have to carry out QA tasks.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded concurrent programming is needed. Experience with non-blocking IO is an added Plus.
- Familiarity with common application security vulnerabilities and how to overcome them (OWASP) is a Plus.
- Our engineers do more than just write and test code and we need managers for them to go beyond just supervising them:
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
- You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test Driven Development is required.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions