We are MYOB
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
About the role:
The role of the DevOps Engineer is to ensure the production environments are stable, impactful, and secure by working collaboratively with the development team members and providing support to MYOB’s employees and collaborators.
To be successful in this role, a DevOps engineer requires flexibility and a willingness to tackle new challenges; therefore, driving MYOB outcomes where the business redirects its resourcing is crucial.
Have a DevOps “Build it, run it” attitude, understanding both development and operations. As a senior engineer, the role requires acting as a coach or mentor to other dev team members.
What will you bring:
- 3 + years experience as a developer working in a team environment, with 2+ years in an agile, large-scale, commercial environment.
- Demonstrable involvement or engagement with the software engineering and development community.
- Proficient in one of the critical public cloud offerings, ideally AWS.
- Demonstrable experience administering continuous integration systems such as Go, Jenkins, TeamCity, or similar.
- Practical experience defining and running software build scripts such as Ruby, Capistrano, Ansible, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and behavior-driven development and related tools.
- Solid understanding of test labs and virtualized environments.
- Practical experience scaling build and deployment systems through on-premises and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mindhelps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity. We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. We’d love to hear from you on regarding this role, or if it’s not the right time, join our talent community so that we can reach out regarding future roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more