Business Development Executive – Philippines and Guam
The Visa Philippines team is comprised of a highly motivated bunch of problem solvers who create high-impact experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners via strong collaboration and we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to drive electronification of payments in the Philippines.
The candidate will work closely with the lead Account Executive of Visa’s clients and partners in managing the account and executing on strategic partnership projects. With knowledge of payments combined with a passion for digital innovations, strong communication and influencing skills, the candidate is key in ensuring strong revenue and profitability growth for Visa and our clients.
- Support elements of the business review preparation for both client and internal reviews
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis to support the development of business cases, forecasting of revenues and expansion of Visa’s business
- Ensure visibility of a robust sales pipeline and alignment of cross-functional team with up-to-date account plans
- Partner with financial institutions to develop and implement products and strategies that will:
- Increase payment volume and revenues for Visa and its clients
- Deliver increased client satisfaction
- Grow critical new and emerging payment areas, including eCommerce and merchant acceptance
- Assist in the expansion of client base through new issuance or acceptance relationships
- Work closely with cross-functional consulting, marketing and product experts to support the establishment of new product penetration and expansion of existing products and services with current and new clients
- Ensure the implementation of team, country and regional goals
- Build relationships with influencers & decision makers of clients so as to influence their preference for Visa
- Identify new business development / product opportunities at the group level and then champion, develop and prioritize proposals and client engagement strategies
- Collaborate in the development of the team’s business development strategies and map these strategies into individual client account plans
- Assist with managing client’s financial performance and ensure alignment with regional budget process
Why this is important to Visa
As the electronic payments industry continues to evolve, Visa must have a strong understanding of client needs to be able to respond quickly with the right solutions and capabilities. This person plays a critical role in delivering Visa’s services to clients, ultimately responsible for key client relationships in the Philippines. This person will help ensure that we meet client needs by bringing the best of Visa locally, regionally and globally.
Projects You Will Be a Part Of
- Assist in deploying Account Strategy across clients, taking on direct ownership for some clients
- Client-specific projects related to execution of business strategies, business plans and other initiatives, which propagate profitable business for Visa and for our clients
- Building the payments ecosystem in the Philippines and Guam through a diverse set of partners and clients – financial institutions, merchants, fintechs, government agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders
- Expanding the Visa franchise in the Philippines and Guam
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of payments industry experience, preferably in a sales and/or relationship management capacity
- Possess strong problem-solving skills on process mapping, task management and execution
- Possess strong analytical skills with a keen eye for data extraction, manipulation and insight development with limited data
- Self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Ability to adapt to market needs and lead change management in an evolving environment
- Cultural sensitivity and global mind set
What Will Also Help
- Digital curiosity, you stay current and up to date with the latest innovation and digital trends
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to existing processes or ways of doing business
- Actively promote an environment of inclusion and diversity
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations when making decisions or operating in high pressure, time bound situations
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the Philippines who are required to work on-site are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or is as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions