Dev Ops (Any Financial Systems + SQL + Windows based)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Primarily focused in the disciplines of selection, implementation, operation, ongoing support and administration of “commercial-off-the-shelf” (COTS) and internal systems and system software that make up the underlying operating environment necessary to support critical operational service delivery processes across one or more production data centres.
What you will be doing
• Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
• Installs, maintains and supports applications and major IT system components, subsystems.
• Customizes specific IT operations management software or creation of custom FIS-proprietary solutions specific to the operational management and control of IT infrastructure, application delivery components and network telecommunications fault, configuration, administration, performance and security functions. • Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in application and ancillary software components.
• Provides technical assistance to Operations, Systems Support, and Application Support staff.
• Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of supported software and FIS proprietary solutions.
• Works closely with clients and business partners to understand business and technology requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
• Analyzes business and technical requirements; translate those requirements into product designs.
• Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
• Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
• Plans, analyzes and forecasts activities to plan projects and tasks.
• Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
• Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
• Experience in Configuration and release of software systems
• Experience open systems operating systems (Windows based)
• Understanding of software/hardware installation methodologies
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure projects are successfully completed
• Good analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors=
• Good customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
What we offer you
• Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• Good leadership team and support system
• Career development
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests