Visa Government Solutions Sales Director, Singapore
You will be an integral part of the global Visa Government Solutions team. The role will report directly into the Head of Visa Government Solutions for Asia Pacific and be a core part of the Singapore leadership team.
What's exciting about joining the Visa Government Solutions team?
- We're a new team within Visa with a global reach and remit
- You’ll be supporting highly strategic public sector clients on high impact projects
- Partner with industry stakeholders to develop innovative new solutions
- We’re a key part of Visa’s focus on new payment flows as a growth driver for our business
- Given the nature of the sector, it will drive Visa brand values especially as a purpose-led brand with social and economic impact.
The Singapore team comprises of a highly motivated team of business leaders who create impactful results with and for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong internal and external collaboration, as we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to deliver on our long-term country goals in driving e-payments and financial inclusion.
If you are business savvy with public sector and financial services industry experience that can help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Singapore, you should apply!
What a Government Solutions Sales Director Does At Visa
Visa is seeking an experienced payment professional to join the Visa Government Solutions team as a Sales Director. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Expand and deepen our public sector sales strategy and delivery in the region, including developing a list of prioritised client and solution opportunities
- Identify and execute commercial opportunities in government led projects that focus on government payment flows, data and other government growth priorities, with the objective of establishing a strategic footprint and/or develop new business flows for Visa
- Identify and engage potential partners in the form of issuers, acquirers, program managers, processors, fintechs and other enablers who will strengthen our government solution propositions
- Develop and execute sales strategies / account plans to increase sales volume and market share and expand product category visibility
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions in collaboration with Visa cross-functional teams to address challenges and requests from government clients.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including the Government Engagement team to strengthen our relationship with key public sector stakeholders, align on our government outreach strategy and targets, approach to educating decision makers and influencers on how Visa can support
- Partner with our marketing and communication teams to position Visa as a leader in the payments industry and a resource for government agencies
- Provide ongoing support of RFP response and commercial deals in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Continuously review market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new creative approaches to growing the Visa business
Why This Is Important To Visa
This is a role we have identified globally to drive a new strategic business for Visa. As citizens, we are all aware of the important and increasing roles the government play in our lives, something the recent pandemic has emphasized. Government payments are a significant part of this, be it government making payments to suppliers or social payments in form of disbursements or even accepting tax payments from citizens. At the same time Governments are leading the way in launching innovations in payments (such as Central Bank Digital Currencies, open data) and in dealing with the big challenges of our times (climate, sustainability). We are looking to partner with governments around the world as they drive ambitious plans in a variety of areas such as to support economic recovery and drive digitalization.
What You Will Need
- 12+ years’ experience in government/ state-owned enterprise/ public sector sales management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry managing complex deals and sales
- Active network in the public sector for your market
- Robust understanding of how public sector sales and public agencies operate with deep expertise in navigating government agencies and procedures, including government procurement and public sector contracting vehicles
- Very strong collaboration and relationship skills required to balance the need to both navigate and serve external client and partner requirements, whilst leading cross-functional teams in internal solution development and go-to-market strategy
- Strong business development and consultative sales experience, with the ability to educate a wide range of stakeholders on Visa’s capabilities and produce business cases
- Understanding of payment flows, between Governments, Governments and businesses, and Government and citizens
- Strong financial acumen and outcome oriented
- Ability to negotiate business agreements whilst enhancing existing and new relationships
What Will Also Help
- Prior sales and consulting experience servicing government clients and projects
- Specialist public sector payments infrastructure expertise is a plus
- Solutions-focused mindset
- Interest in emerging topics such as central bank digital currencies, open data/open banking, sustainability
- Experience in effectively creating and confidently delivering presentations to senior stakeholders with strong written and oral communication
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions