Senior Specialist, Product Management
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Product Management
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
- Mastercard Send is key component in establishing Mastercard as a global player in Real time Payments. Mastercard Send facilitates the secure delivery of funds between senders and receivers, typically within seconds. Businesses, merchants, governments, non-government organizations (NGOs), financial institutions, digital players & fintechs are able to send money to consumers and small businesses, domestically and cross border with this service. Mastercard Send supports multiple user flows including person-to-person, business to business, disbursements, remittances and merchant payments.
- The role requires managing long-term and short-term strategic initiatives for a commercialized product and offers a “hands on experience” in expansion of Mastercard Send Program in Asia Pacific.
- The individual will contribute to product evolution, optimize products and resources, and work hand in hand with the regional, global and market teams to implement incremental improvements within the product’s life cycle.
- The role requires a focus on the Originating (Acquiring) as well as receiving (Issuing) side of the business as well as aspects related to the Program and Product readiness for the market.
- The Senior Specialist Product Management role is part of the Digital Solutions team in the Asia Pacific Region; and an important contributor to MasterCard’s strategy to capture new payment flows, win in digital and support growth in core business.
- Partner and work closely with cross functional teams on market launch, projects, product enhancements, as well as for operational matters critical to the success of Send in APAC
- Work with country teams and regional SME teams on viable Send opportunities, identifying go to market approach, new product features and use cases
- Work with various client facing teams, to submit business cases and articulate solutions for internal and external clients
- Work with cross functional teams on execution matters including production issues, internal approvals and submissions, functional group tasks, coordination etc
- Document, track and report the product roadmap for the region
- Monitor and report the key metrics on product performance on a regular basis.
- Monitor and report competition, market evolution and trends, analyze findings from ongoing and previous research efforts and recommend actions
- Responsible for maintaining sales material and other training documents, Bulletins, Pricing information, and other published assets
- Manage progress, reports and roadmap on ongoing projects
All About You
- Understanding of the faster and push payments landscape in Asia Pacific.
- Experience in manipulating data and communicating observations, findings and preliminary insights
- Superior team collaboration, implementation, communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Supported teams across product lines, technologies, and industries, with extensive experience in at least one type, technology, or industry
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Prior experience in product management is preferred
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities