Lead Software Engineer - Developer Experience
Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 19 global locations and have raised over US$800 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Airwallex has a mission - to provide a world class developer experience to our customers. Our platform provides a comprehensive set of APIs and tooling that allows our customers to automate everything in an industry where manual processes have been the norm. The new Developer Experience (DX) Team at Airwallex empowers developers to evaluate, integrate, and operate our platform in a completely self service model.
The DX Engineer is a high-impact role that will collaborate with product, engineering, customer-success, and technical support teams to ensure our customers have a delightful developer experience from start to finish. This will cut across all product domains and require working with cross functional teams across the business, and includes our customers.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about developer experience – you are eager to solve the challenges that developers like yourself face.
- You can think on your feet – with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player – you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment.
- You are naturally curious – always asking why to better understand our customer needs.
- You are a problem solver – You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, other related field or equivalent practical experience
- You have experience building products or tools that developers consume, able to add a developer perspective to the product roadmap for this team
- You enjoy mentoring more junior software engineers
- You will represent the team across the wider engineering org, lead engineering engagements that involve multiple teams
- Experience coding in Java or Kotlin and/or frontend technologies such as React or Angular
- Experience building REST APIs, SDKs (software development kit ) and CLIs (command line interface).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What's on offer / Why Airwallex?
- Staff events and celebrations (Townhall, Quarterly All Hands In, AWX birthday and end of year celebrations.)
- Various leave entitlements (Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Compassionate Leave, Family Care Leaver, Parental Leave, Vaccination Leave etc.)
- Various well being benefits and groups (Book club, AFL Footy, Learn Chinese, Yoga Classes, Women’s network etc.)
- Casual wear, because we believe in being Professional without a suit
- Company Gifts for important moments (Child Birth etc.)
- Employee Assistance Program access via Uprise
- Airwallex Employee Card which is topped up each month
- Attractive Employee Referral scheme
- Comprehensive learning and development via LinkedIn Learning
- Lots of great team building activities ( either virtual like murder mystery, games, whiskey masterclass etc. or (soon) in person)
- We want each person to tailor their working conditions whether that be remotely every now and then, or on a permanent basis
- We hire smart people and get out of their way. By focusing on our 6 values and not getting caught up in red tape, we trust you to get the job done
- Most importantly, our success is your success. You’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs))
- $800 allowance for a brand new Desk and Chair to upgrade your home office
- Finally, lots of Airwallex swag and all the tools (laptop, mouse, keyboard, monitor) you need to do your best work
This role can be based out of either Melbourne or Sydney.
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime