Compliance Associate - Sanctions
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Kraken Culture Explained
About The Role
If you’re interested in compliance or find yourself drawn to the requirements of various sanction regimes, then this is a perfect role for you! This role is a great opportunity to start a career in Compliance, where you’ll have the chance to experience the integration and evolution of a watchlist screening vendor.
This role is instrumental in keeping Kraken compliant with global sanction requirements and in helping mitigate the AML/CFT risk for the company.
- Consistently make appropriate decisions regarding potential sanction/watchlist matches with accurate documentation of analysis and escalation to appropriate parties when necessary
- Represent the company as a professional compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and provide support for Client Engagement teams on sanction/watchlist related issues
- Manage various inboxes and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Perform due diligence/enhanced due diligence on customers, partners, vendors as required
- Develop and maintain periodic reports for various business functions
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in an operational role at a crypto exchange or within the financial services industry
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
#APAC #US #EMEA
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We put the power in your hands to buy, sell, and trade digital currency