Account Manager - Digital Partners
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Account Manager - Digital PartnersOverview
This is an extremely exciting time in the payments space. The industry is at a fascinating inflection point as we experience the convergence of multiple market dynamics including significant shifts in consumer expectations, the growth of fintechs, and changes in regulation.
By joining Mastercard’s New Zealand’s Account Management team, the successful candidate will be part of, and contribute to this unique and transformational period for the payments industry.
The successful applicant will be responsible for multiple partnerships, with a focus on fintech, BNPL and partners who lead in digital. The role forms part of a team dedicated to deliver against set objectives and the strategy of our clients.
• Understanding the customer’s strategy, and articulating ways in which Mastercard can help them achieve their goals
• Manage multifaceted and diverse customer relationships, coordinating activity across various internal and external stakeholders
• Develop relationships across different levels to drive a partnership model that best serves our clients and their business
• Bringing the client thought leadership and insights, leveraging Mastercard’s organisation to pull together relevant and compelling content
• Understanding relevant market trends, regulation, competitor activity and able to identify the “so what” for the customer
• Negotiating/closing new business opportunities that align to customer priorities
• Managing internal stakeholders to deliver best-in-class service, insights, products and value to the customer
• Engaging when required, in operational activities, and dealing with incidents and escalations as needed
• Leading quarterly business reviews with senior stakeholders across Mastercard and our clients, to jointly align on performance and priorities.
All About You
• Be an experienced retail banking or payments professional with a good understanding of the payments ecosystem, trends, landscape, financial drivers, and competitive forces (prior experience working within consumer card issuing, acquiring and/or digital payments would be a strong plus)
• Have a proven track record in leading important strategic relationships; extensive account management experience, and the ability to demonstrate you can understand, build and communicate effective value propositions
• Proven consultative relationship skills across all levels of the clients’ organisation, with ability to gain a deep understanding of their business needs and the ability to pro-actively address these needs
• Superior interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, including strong presentation skills, both virtually and face-to-face. You’ll be skilled at reading a room and adjusting your message accordingly
• Experience and competence with building numerically accurate and logically sound business cases to support the internal and external sales process
• Demonstrate a structured, diligent approach. Be hands-on, execution-oriented; project management skills a big plus. Willing and able to drive progress of existing products/services/initiatives with your customer through to successful implementation
• Be a logical thinker, have strong self-awareness, be open to different approaches/ideas and committed to challenge the status quo to deliver new business initiatives.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities