Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Product Analyst to join our team in Auckland. Here at Lightspeed, we are on a mission to #makeitdatadriven. This role will leverage Lightspeed’s flagship retail POS data to generate insights and reports, enabling our product team to make data driven decisions for the benefit of our merchants and business. You will be the sole analyst in a small team, dedicated to enabling insight at scale via self-service.
You will be working with product stakeholders to prove hypotheses, measure success, and identify problems at scale to be solved via self-serve analysis and reporting. You will understand our product and its data and objectives, and create actionable product insights to deliver measurable business value.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to draw out product insights from your analytical outputs
- Understand the product and its data and objectives, creating actionable product analysis to deliver measurable business value
- Diagnose query and reporting usage to identify problems to solve at scale via self-serve analysis and reporting
- Work closely with data engineering to deliver impactful data structures with high business value
- Deliver self-service analytics solutions using Google Cloud: Looker and BigQuery
And a little bit of…
- Discovering and documenting product data definitions, ensuring high data quality and useability, and alignment to business definitions
- Contributing to data governance initiatives
What you need to bring:
- Proven SQL skills with working experience using SQL to deliver data insights
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Looker or other similar BI tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into data requirements, and requirements into actionable insights
- Stakeholder management skills with the ability build trust-based relationships
- Prior experience with BigQuery is advantageous
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Awesome office space located in Newmarket (Auckland)
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Lightspeed (TSX/NYSE: LSPD) powers the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy.
Our one-stop commerce platform transforms and unifies digital and physical operations by enabling multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions and connection to supplier networks. With the Lightspeed commerce platform, merchants in retail and hospitality can build thriving businesses for the future.
Headquartered in Montréal, Canada, Lightspeed is trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine in over 100 countries. Lightspeed has offices in Canada, the USA, Europe, and APAC.
We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. We dream big and we’re looking for people who do the same. With us, career milestones happen often and we celebrate every one. Come work with us and find out where your career will take you at Lightspeed!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The one-stop commerce platform for merchants to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.