Senior/Staff Software Engineer, Publisher Portal (Java)
What we do
Currently operating in 40+ countries and processing up to 7 million transactions a day, Coda Payments (https://www.codapayments.com/) helps game developers and publishers like Riot Games, Tencent, Garena, EA, Moonton, and other leading digital content providers to monetize their products in places where credit and debit cards aren’t widely used. We establish partnerships with a wide range of alternative payment channel operators who make it possible for customers to pay in other ways: paying cash at retail, using a mobile wallet, making a bank transfer, or redeeming a prepaid card.
Coda also allows publishers to accept payments through these various methods on their own website or at our gaming e-commerce site - codashop.com.
About Coda Technology
At Coda, we operate a high volume payments and e-commerce business, and we’re expanding rapidly. We need to build high-scale, distributed systems that can gracefully handle massive spikes in traffic. We also have an ambitious feature roadmap, so using state of the art tools to automate our development lifecycle is crucial to moving fast. We believe in autonomous teams, and we use modern technologies and the latest in cloud infrastructure.
Most importantly, we hire great people and empower them to drive Coda’s technology and products forward. We believe that the best ideas can come from everyone, so we encourage taking ownership and maintain a culture of servant leadership that allows engineers to drive features.
Working at Coda
Life at Coda is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. As a rapidly growing global company, we’re always looking to step up and adapt to changes quickly; there is never a dull day at Coda.
We make things happen in the most impactful and effective manner. If you are always eager to initiate new ideas, hungry to contribute more, derive satisfaction from team wins rather than individual ones, and value integrity, you will fit perfectly into the Coda team!
About The Role
We are looking for a proactive, driven engineer who is hungry to contribute using their deep and fundamental knowledge in software development and automation. You will be responsible for the architecture, development, and evolution of key products and features at Coda.
We work remotely from over 20 countries across the globe. We have development offices in key locations throughout Asia as well, in case you prefer working from an office. We hire top engineers, and give them the flexibility to work productively as part of a distributed team!
About The CGS Team
The Codashop Global Series (CGS) team is focused on connecting and engaging the world's gamers through competition. Via the CGS app, players compete for a variety of Codashop prizes across supported competitive games, participate in influencers-driven events, while connecting with like-minded players. As Coda’s engagement platform, CGS brings publishers, players and game influencers under one roof.
- Design and develop highly scalable, reliable, secure, and fault-tolerant systems end to end using state of the art technology
- Work directly with Product and Technology team members to define and implement complex features
- Collaborate with other team members to learn and share best practices
- Understand and constantly optimize our products, identifying and fixing problems, improving stability and user experience
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Debug production issues across services
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed (we support a healthy work/life balance, so we invest in minimizing out-of-office interruptions and we use rotations to minimize on-call days)
- 5 years of experience in software development
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong knowledge in Java is required, bonus if you know other programming languages (Python, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy, Go, C/C++, Rust, C#, etc.) and the ability to learn new programming languages quickly
- Strong understanding of software architecture
- Understanding of data systems and how to query/interact with them (RDBMS, NoSQL, Queues, etc.)
- A desire to build automation into everything you do, including implementing state of the art CI/CD practices and test automation
- Understanding of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Good command of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively
Bonus if you have
- Experience building high scale APIs
- Knowledge of AWS and cloud technologies such as lambdas and containerization
- Experience in FinTech or related fields requiring strong security discipline
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, disability, or other local protected class. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome the diversity that you will bring!
If you are looking for a rapid-growth environment and great teams to work with, you should apply now.
We are sorry to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants coming into our system; hence if you do not get a reply from us - don’t give up on us just yet!
We encourage you also to check out our career site at https://jobs.lever.co/codapayments - we may have other suitable openings for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the platform of choice for taking life's digital experiences over the top.