Sr. SW Engineer (Java Full Stack)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
The Sr. Software Engineer would be a part of a high performance global team responsible for the delivery of features in the Resolve Online program. The candidate would need to analyze, design, code and unit test core modules of the Visa Resolve Online application and work with a global team of developers, SMEs and architects.
As a key member of the delivery execution team, candidate would need to create scalable designs, write maintainable code, reusable components/services/utilities, and test cases. Qualifications include good organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, good time management skills, ability to work independently, and effectively communicate with team members. The candidate must be capable of working in all phases of the application system development life-cycle.
The successful candidate will become a recognized Subject Matter Expert within Visa, responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of dispute processing capabilities for Visa Resolve Online application.
- Understand business domain, analyze requirements, evaluate options and participate in scoping and sizing activities
- Design, develop code, tests and maintain code for Resolve online application releases
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members including vendor partner teams
- Effectively participate in the technology proof-of-concepts and learn new technologies and frameworks
- Understand and enhance coding guidelines and participate in code review processes
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with Requirements & Analysis group, QA team and Production Support team to ensure project alignment
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Software Engineering disciplines, with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- Experience in Java/J2EE enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
- 3 of more years of work experience in Software Engineering disciplines, with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD).
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in Java/J2EE enterprise applications including Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
- Strong Core Java skills.
- Microservices implementation experience.
- Excellent programming skills and strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build object oriented designs.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle required.
- Strong SQL skills required, DB2/MySQL database experience preferred.
- Experience with No-SQL database like Cassandra or .
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Experience in the financial domain or payment industry is a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions