Sr. Software Engineer (Backend)
This position is an individual contributor role on the Issuer Processing development team. The successful candidate will be part of a team to innovate, design, develop, build, deploy and test new features in the web application using REST based APIs for the automation platform and perform unit and integration testing on newly developed components. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting and resolving defects during the software development life cycle. This role will also contribute to building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
As a key member of the development team, we are looking for technical experts who have rich understanding and experience of software development and test automation. Candidate needs to participate in design and development grooming meetings and make software development decisions based on best practices. The candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and to interact with business and technology stakeholders across different business domains to deliver quality initiatives in automation framework.
- Design and develop software applications using Java, utilizing spring framework.
- Design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software with code that is scalable and meets high standards in security and quality.
- Develop TDD/BDD unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage and resolution.
- Lead development and oversee programming testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered while fulfilling expectations.
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, management, and peers in engineering.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Prepare design documents, evaluate user requirements and recommend, define and implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Lead by example, demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, and by contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, and standards.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 2 years of Java web application development experience
- 3 -7 years of work experience with Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field and/or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer science from reputed institutes
- Proficiency in Java, building n-tier web application. Typically requires experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products
- 3 or more years of demonstrated experience with Spring Framework and Hibernate.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with many of the major Java APIs (e.g., Java, JavaFX, Concurrency, Servlets, JSP, JMS, JPA, ORM, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, web services standards and related technologies (XML, JSON, REST, SOAP).
- It will be desired to have hands on Web UI Development experience with various java script framework.
- Experience developing the Enterprise level distributed applications using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) model.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration, and Test-Driven Development tools, including Jenkins, GIT, Maven, Junit
- Agile development methodology with focus on Quality, performance, and security
- Desirable experience working with a variety of Applications Servers and Databases (e.g. JBOSS, Tomcat, Postgres, Mongo DB
- Desirable experience integrating with asynchronous messaging systems such as IBM MQ Message Broker, Active MQ.
- Experience on Selenium with good understanding of Web Browser technology, and tools like HP ALM, JIRA, SharePoint, wiki will be a plus.
- Must be a Quick learner, self-starter, detailed and thorough, motivated, team player with good work ethics who can deliver results.
- Must have good problem-solving skills, ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Consistently able to assess and evaluate problems in a production environment and manage risk to the service when recommending change
- Strong secure coding practices
- Should be able to understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Experience in virtualized environments, including deployments, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Analyze and troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted. Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions