Sales Engineer - Melbourne
Thought Machine’s mission is a bold one – to run the world's most innovative banks with technology built for the modern age. What we are attempting is hard, and means we need great people, working together, to build great technology.
We have undergone rapid growth in the past few years – expanding our team to more than 500 individuals across five offices in London, New York, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne. Thought Machine is a series D-funded company, and has raised more than $500m and is now valued at $2.7bn. Investors in Thought Machine include Temasek, Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan Chase, Intesa Sanpaolo, Standard Chartered and more.
At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best work in the industry. We're regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture – highlighted by FT-backed Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech – as well as having the most generous employee share package in the industry. We've been named AltFi's B2B Fintech of the Year, placed in the FinTech50, and in the IDC list of top 100 Fintechs.
Thought Machine’s mission is to revolutionise the technology in banking, and provide banks with new next generation systems that rid the banks of their legacy IT stacks. As such, the role of a Sales Engineer is critical as it is the quality of our technology that gives the company our competitive advantage, and being able to communicate this is key to our success.
- Product Demos. Be able to give out of the box demos and create custom demos where required to illustrate specific functionality. This could require changing configuration of standard demos to meet custom requirements.
- Technical and Functional presentations. A sales engineer will need to understand Vault from a technical and functional perspective and how to present this information from the perspective of prospective clients.
- RFI and RFP responses.
- Target State Solution Architecture Workshops. Work with prospective customers to understand their target state and understand where Vault would fit in their overall solution.
- Vault Solution Workshops. Run and participate in workshops with prospective customers to understand what the final Vault solution will look like, identifying product and configuration gaps.
- Gather market information from interaction with prospective and current customers: market insight, trend spotting, etc.
- Build trusted relationships with individuals from prospective and current customers
- Create proposals targeted at individual prospective clients to meet their needs.
- Show commercial awareness around enterprise software licensing models and procurement processes and cycles implemented by banks.
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus incentive
- 20 days holiday + public holidays
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure), services and technology (Kubernetes, Docker containers, Apache Kafka, RDBMS).
- Adept at component configuration and operations using command line consoles (e.g. kubectl, kafkacat, python, general UNIX).
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and large scale distributed software applications architected and deployed to the cloud. Understanding of architectural trade offs of various cloud platforms and on-premise deployments at a high level
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and large scale distributed software applications are architected and deployed to the cloud
- Understand current trends in technology, specifically in banking and fintech and be able to show thought leadership in this area
- Able to lead client engagements and workshops
- Background in fintech, vendor or consultancy and have an extensive background in client facing roles
- Experience of large mission critical product implementations into large financial institutions from Vendor side - project profile: mission critical, large transaction volumes, large data migrations, complex system integrations, vendor product implementation
- Pre Sales experience/exposure. Must have been involved in a sales process and show demonstrable experience.
- Enterprise/Solution Architecture, specifically relating to retail banking/core banking/payments
- Knowledge of internal bank processes around retail banking, core banking and payments
- Prior experience with development teams and solution architecture - knowledge of full SDLC
- Commercial awareness (understand pricing models and commercial aspects of sales process)
- Previous experience as a software engineer, ideally coding in python
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Thought Machine has built the next generation of core banking platforms.