Staff SW Engineer (Devops)
Profile Applications team is looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to join our team. We believe that the role is essential in integrating the project functions and resources across the product life cycle, right from planning, building testing and deployment to support.
As a key member of the delivery integration team, candidate would need to build and support necessary tools, workflows, and process to enable developers code and test functional and technical changes at a consistent pace. This role requires a mindset to learn newer technologies and improvements in processes for a seamless and efficient delivery pipeline.
In this role, you will work closely with software engineers, test engineers, infrastructure, and support engineers to create and enhance capabilities supporting fast and iterative mode of software development life cycle for Profile Applications product. You will work in a very agile-like environment and expected to context shift quickly between parallel product releases and teams working on them.
- Setup and maintain code branches in Git/ Bit bucket to support parallel code releases
- Employ and ensure periodic code merges from upstream to downstream/ integration branches
- Enhance, version and manage build scripts, code artifacts
- Setup and enhance code build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins
- Ensure build and deployment jobs are working as expected and failures are notified to respective teams/ developers
- Setup and enhance automated jobs for database and infrastructure deployments
- Work as the integration point of contact for internal and external infrastructure and support engineering teams by translating technical change requests to executable steps
- Keep track of changes requested by multiple development and testing teams for parallel code deployments
- Review, prioritize and schedule change requests in various environments starting from integration, member test and production
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of work experience or 5+ years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Working experience in Agile-like software development projects is preferred
- Proficient with Gradle, Git/ Stash/ BitBucket and Jenkins
- Proficient with Maven/ Arfactory
- Proficient with Batch, Groovy, Shell, Unix scripting.
- Strong knowledge on Linux based infrastructure.
- Experience on setting up / maintaining CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins or similar technologies
- Ability to create and maintain automation tasks for routine work
- Able to adapt to work across time zones as per project requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to take up SCM related activities independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps principles
- Experience working with Java and associated technologies would be a needed
- Experience working on OpenShift/ Kubernetes/ Docker or similar technologies will be a plus
- Awareness of automated Data base deployment tools (Liquibase/ Flyway) will be a plus
- Awareness of configuration management tools (Chef/ Ansible) will be a plus
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted. Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions