More than 1 million business owners and retailers around the world are powered by Shopify, with many looking for help to also grow their physical retail stores. Our innovative products and vast reach are enabling retailers to reinvent in person commerce, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify’s global growth story. Spurred by the recent release of Shopify’s all-new Point of Sale software and recent product releases in the UK and Ireland, there is a pressing need to equip our brick-and-mortar retailers with the right tools to aid their growth at a fraction of the cost.
Our Technology Experience team, part of the broader Trust and Security Team, makes sure we’re building and implementing the tools and technology Shopifolk needs to ship fast. Wherever Shopifolk are located on the planet, our team provides the great support our systems and teams need to get things done.
We are looking for someone who will impact the team by solving issues, and building new workflows and tools to help improve the technology experience for folks internally. You won’t be working on the networking or AV side of IT on this team (we have a separate team focused on that area here), but you will be using your “Help Desk” experience to support remote Shopifolk, priding yourself in resolving issues for them. We’re all about building for the long term here, so you should be great at finding scalable solutions to problems before they happen.
What you’ll do:
- Act as the first point of contact for Shopifolk seeking technical assistance over Slack or Helpdesk.
- Identify technical gaps and deploy solutions to solve them.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Own all issues where there are no appropriate escalation paths.
- Be able to work autonomously, quickly in our high trust environment.
- Provide world-class IT support to Shopifolk.
- Support expertise at scale. You are able to support end users remotely and you care deeply about helping people have a positive experience with all the technology we use; hardware and Software.
- Strong Problem Solving Ability. You’re not satisfied with the status quo. You’re constantly on the lookout for ways to improve processes and workflow. Comfortable with taking issues and delivering feedback to the teams who require it and being part of the solution.
- Continuous learning. Shopify moves fast - you are a constant learner, always looking to develop your technical skills and stay-up-to date with the latest changes and releases.
- Software-as-a-Service experience. Our internal technology stack is mostly SaaS apps, so you’ll need to be familiar with the delivery of technology through those platforms.
- Context Switching. We have a lot going on. You will need to be able to multitask and prioritize on the fly.
- Comfortable working in a Mac and ChromeOS environment. We are a largely Mac and Chrome OS-based company, so your knowledge of and experience troubleshooting macOS/chrome OS and hardware will go a long way. Note: Mix experience with different OS environments is welcome!
- Resourceful. Things move fast at Shopify and you will be solving new problems daily. You will need to make quick decisions with the information available to you. Be comfortable with diving into resources to find solutions and owning issues.
- Masterful Communication: You will be working with employees across different countries, regions and timezones. Strong skills in both live and asynchronous communication are essential to success in the international IT team.
- Japanese proficiency is a plus
Challenge Question: What in your opinion are the three most important qualities of an IT Support?
(Please include your answer in your application)
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business