Developer - Operations & Architecture
We are MYOB
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
What You Will Do
Extend and evolve the applications within our developer platform to adapt to customer needs whilst maintaining a high level of stability and reliability.
Ensure applications are operating optimally, by engaging in operational improvements and maintenance.
Work closely with development teams across the company to understand problems, evaluate patterns and best-practices and identify future opportunities.
Embrace Lean principles and work as a part of an Agile team - utilising sprints, epics, experiments, and iterating based on feedback.
Drive adoption of our services through workshops, training and consultation.
Champion improvement through retros and team collaboration through pairing and demos.
What Skills You Will Need
- Solid development experience with a background developing front-end solutions.
- Proficient with frameworks like React (preferred), Vue or Angular.
- Experience with server side technologies such as Node.js .
- Experience using a modern CI/CD tooling suite, with knowledge of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment best practises.
It would be a bonus to have
Knowledge of the open-source Backstage application which is an open platform for building developer portals.
Experience in one of the key public cloud offerings, ideally AWS, including Infrastructure as Code technologies and processes.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and champion diversity. We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant. We’d love to hear from you on regarding this role, or if it’s not the right time, join our talent community so that we can reach out regarding future roles.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more