Manager, Account Management
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Account Management
- This position offers the opportunity to manage all aspects of the MasterCard relationship as being the key account manager for a regional bank in Asia Pacific.
- The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic, business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills to partner with customer & MasterCard cross functional teams to create and implement impactful payments programs that maximize segment penetration & drive MasterCard and bank revenues.
- The ideal candidate will be one with strong execution focus, possess solid payments industry experience, preferably gained in Business Development /Product management on the Issuer side with the ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions. The candidate must also be very comfortable dealing with technology.
- Only applicants with a sound knowledge of retail electronic Payments/ Cards from an Issuing / Acquiring/ Network perspective will be considered.
- Develop, maintain and execute annual territory and individual account plans and objectives.
- Maintain primary responsibility for managing the relationship and profitability of target customers. Develop strong working relationships with key influencers at customer banks and
with MasterCard support teams.
- Develop and implement strategies designed to impact net income and MasterCard branded volume growth.
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional team participation in support of customer objectives.
- Maintain existing and develop new business building relationships.
- Identify, develop and implement opportunity to enhance and/or to contribute to overall Strategic Accounts Division effectiveness and business results.
- Manage contractual commitments and obligations resulting from long-term partnership commitments.
- Create innovative ideas, concepts and/or programs designed to increase GDV and/or share within the territory.
- Design and implement programs that have positive impact on customer loyalty.
- Identify new and/or unique revenue opportunities and develop business case for internal approval.
- Perform market research and opportunity assessments on new concepts and ideas. Assess the viability of new products in support of market strategy.
- Recommends market strategy including pricing; introduction to market; profit planning; expense budgets; etc.
All About You
- Individual should be solutions oriented and results driven.
- Knowledge and a history of successful customer focused strategic sales and possess thought leadership skills.
- Knowledge of principles of effective account management, Customer Relationship Management and achieving within a team environment is required.
- An understanding of the MasterCard organization and its products and services is desirable with demonstrated business acumen within the payments business.
- Strong project management, analytical/problem solving and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship, communication and negotiation skills.
- Significant experience in Business Development/ Account/product management is required.
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities